Raiders LB Rolando McClain Held Out Of Practice With Concussion

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, Sep 19, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Raiders held starting middle linebacker Rolando McClain out of practice today with a concussion. McClain will have to be medically cleared under league protocol to return, calling into question his availability for the Raiders' game Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Head coach Dennis Allen said the Raiders suspected McClain might be concussed after Sunday's game at Miami.

"It was something we thought might have been the case after the game, but it didn't seem like it was a major one," Allen said. "Seemed like a minor deal and so it's kind of a precautionary deal that we're going through the whole process to make sure he's fine."

McClain, who played the entirety of the Raiders' 35-13 loss to the Dolphins, said he felt funny during the game but couldn't pinpoint the play on which he was injured.

"It was more in the game where I felt like, well, dang, I don't feel like myself," McClain said. "It's one of the more scary injuries. With an ankle, you know what's wrong. But when it's in your head, you don't know."

Asked if he believes he'll be available Sunday, he answered: "That's the plan. Obviously you don't want to rush anything with the head, but it is what it is. I'm just doing whatever it is I can do to get back. We'll see."

Source: Sacramento Bee