Raiders Owner Al Davis Passes Away

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by 86WARD, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

I have believed in, defended and stood up for this man the last few years. I will continue to do so. I was lucky enough to meet and visit with Mr Davis twice. I've never met a more straight forward, blunt man. I imagine his version of heaven is to win a close game while being boo'ed.

Thank You Mr. Davis for all your hard work... RIP!

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

You and mush apparently don't know what sarcasm is. Nice.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This just in: Al Davis has fired God.

Seriously, though...RIP, Al. Just win, baby.

4. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Rest in peace Al! Regardless of the Raiders struggles the last 10 years or so, the man was a legendary figure in the bigger picture of the NFL. He was to the Raiders what George Halas was to the Bears.

5. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

this is NOT good news for Charger fans

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

God's speed to a true visionary who helped put the NFL in the place it's in now as the nation's top professional sport. Al Davis might have been an incorrigible butt to some, but there is no denying his contributions.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Very sad day for pro football. Not only did Al Davis help shape the NFL, he made the Raiders one of the NFL's pillar franchises. Good, bad or terrible, the Raiders were always relevent

A true test of a franchise's strength is its ability to be visable even at the franchises low's. 13-3 or 3-13 the Raiders will always be a hot subject. Any man who can achive that is a man of great improtance

RIP Al

8. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

A true Legend...RIP Al Davis...glad your team won 1 for you today.