Randall Cobb Says Packers Want To Get 'Vengeance' Against Giants

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Nov 25, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The last time the Giants and Packers met, the Giants crushed the Packers' chances at a Super Bowl repeat with a win at Lambeau Stadium in the divisional round of the playoffs.

When the Packers come into MetLife Stadium tonight, receiver Randall Cobb told NBC's "Football Night in America" that game will definitely be on their minds.

"You don’t forget those kinds of games, and I think that’s something that all of us have been thinking this week in practice," Cobb said in the interview, which will air at 7 p.m. tonight. "I think that we’ll take out that vengeance on the field.â€

Cobb has had a tremendous season so far, with 54 catches for 574 yards and seven touchdowns. Tonight's game will affect playoffs positioning in the NFC, with the Giants at 6-4 and leading the NFC East, and the Packers at 7-3 and looking to stay even with 8-3 Bears in the NFC North.

Last season's game will be extra motivation. Cobb admitted the January loss still stings.

“Oh yeah, it definitely does," Cobb said. "When you go 15-1 and are projected to win the Super Bowl. When you let a team come into your house, and knock you off the throne, that’s something that’s going to stay with you. I think that’s something I use as motivation. When you think about that, it’s in the back of your mind."

Source: Newark Star Ledger
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Hope they do. Go Packers!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Badger

Badger Rookie

Im just going to say it before someone else does: "Howd that work out for ya?" Im never a big believer in, "revenge" games. Last year was last year and even if the Packers had won the game, the Giants are still the champs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm sure san fran wanted 'revenge' against the giants earlier in the season too ........... revenge is not a good motivator apparently.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Badger

Badger Rookie

Maybe teams need to go into it saying, "we suck, the Giants were the better team and deserved to beat us". If going into it vowing revenge isnt the way to go, maybe begging for mercy would work better. :icon_rolleyes: