Randy Moss Says He Won't Be Doing Any More Interviews

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Vikings wide receiver Randy Moss said after 28-18 loss against the Patriots that he will not doing interviews for the rest of the year. "If it’s going to be an interview, I’m going to conduct it. So I'm going to answer my own questions," Moss said. Moss was fined $25,000 for failing to cooperate with the news media. Players' contracts specify they must make themselves available to the media at specific times each week. Moss last spoke to the media on Oct. 13, then declined interviews after a win over Dallas on Oct. 17, throughout last week leading up to a loss at Green Bay, and after the defeat. Moss also declined to be available the week prior to the Vikings loss against the Patriots despite being in high demand, since he played for New England in the past three seasons.

Source: St. Paul Pioneer-Press

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
  2. You gotta be kidding me....after all what went on between Moss and New England early in the season......he's basically saying he wants to go back to New England in the offseason.

Yeah....some "fun ride" he's having in Minnesota......

3. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Screw Moss

4. He wore a god**mn Red Sox's hat during the press conference.....this dude vented earlier in the year about a lack of a new deal...then it was reported later that he was approached in the summer by the Patriots about a new contract but waved that off saying it wasn't the right time.

He didn't know what he had until it was gone......a winning team.

A total rod move on Moss' part.....

5. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

I don't care what Moss does or says, hopefully he gets Childress fired. Moss has opened things up for Percy, at least.

6. It's just me....

I wouldn't condone a player criticizing his current team while at the same time, basically kissing his ex-team's butt.

7. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

BigBlue, what do you expect when his coach throws players under the bus?

8. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

He's a slouch and today showed more of it.

9. Clearly....the Vikings may need to consider making a coaching change at the end of the year. This whole thing is getting out of hand.

10. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

He's getting TO Syndrome

11. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Yep, the desperation is really making the Vikes a laughing stock of the league, which is very unfortunate. The problems go beyond this year and last year, a big part of it is Childress' refusal to admit that the whole TJack fiasco was a huge mistake on his part and getting a new guy. Pretty much every QB that has been on the Vikings has had bad things to say about Childress, Brad Johnson and Gus Frerrotte especially. Completely unwilling to do anything in a way other than his way. I just hope the Vikes can get the offensive line and QB situation under control while Adrian Peterson is still at the top of his game.

12. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

It's time to get rid of the problem at the top. Childress needs to go, I'd hate for that to have to include Jackson and Webb, but if Minnesota wants to go anywhere, it's time to make the move after the season. Guy ruined most of Jackson's potential, and if Brad Johnson hates your ass, it may not be a good look.

13. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Yeah, I think Jackson could be successful elsewhere, he just doesn't fit the system (Kick Ass Offense as Childress calls it) in Minnesota.

14. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Has the arm strength, but Childress always had him on a short leash. Rather than letting him play through his mistakes, Childress would yank him if he threw a pass to high. Not a good way to get a guy who didn't even have a QBs coach at ASU to build his confidence. If you're going with a QB stick with it. The Favre move in itself was brilliant, but the way he handled the ENTIRE situation was a DISASTER.

15. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Yep. I'm of the opinion that if you decide to start a QB you're trying to develop, you better be with him for the long haul. You put them in there basically to get comfortable, then yank them for poor performance. Not good for their confidence.

I also blame Childress for driving Birk away. Birk was outspoken and challenged Childress, who can't handle the slightest bit of criticism. Now we have an undersized guy who gets man handled by every good DT and cant stay healthy.

16. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I know where he's coming from, but it got down to him wanting a hefty contract for 3 years, and snitching about it not getting done. He doesn't need the money, which he stated when he went to New England. They don't give money away, especially to aging Vets running out of gas. However, a deal with incentives could have been reached, if Moss had made the effort to go that route. I'll bet he never contemplated the Bruschi contract negotions, without an agent, going in and asking what he is going to be paid, and signing his contract. For an intelligent man, he just doesn't think things out. He was happy at New England, and treated well by all concerned in the organization, which for him, just hasn't happened anywhere else. It's to the point now, I don't see him being happy playing for any team, and when he isn't happy, he pouts, and gives little effort. The crowning blow would be if the Pats win a Super Bowl this year with out him, being that was one of the reasons he came there. The Vikings really don't need this guy, and they sure don't need him to sign an extended contract.

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

BigBlue-You got a link to an article on this? I'd like to read some of Moss' comments.

18. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Thanks, BigBlue. All I can say is.....Wow! Moss' got a screw loose.

19. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

well then he will be getting fined im sure. he didnt look good at all yesterday