Ravens FS Ed Reed's Brother Missing After River Jump

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 8, 2011.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It's not like the game is being played down the block from his Mother's place. He could very well be very far away when the news is official that his brother has passed away. He wouldn't be there to instantly offer comfort to his mother.

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

if it was a cousin or a relative that I'm not that close to I could see playing but if it was immediate family, I don't blame anyone for not playing, ultimately as Dawk says family should always come first.

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Right I agree, anyone is going to give you the day off, and his team needs him sure, but I dont think any player or fan will hold it against him if he needs to take the game off. They shouldnt anyways.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Yeah, he's right there for his mother. She is the one who needs him right now. Regardless of what kind of crap Ed Reed's brother might be in he is still her son. One she is not sure if she's lost.

Football can wait.

1 person likes this.
  5. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Totally agree....if my brother was missing, I certainly wouldn't be traveling out of town for any reason. Best wishes to Ed Reed and his family.

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

IMO it depends on the family and the job. Which is why sweets was right when she said only he can decide but it's no where near as simple as Dawk paints it given what his job is and how important he is to the team.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I never said it was a simple decision, but do you really think that playing a professional sport is truly an important job in the grand scheme of things? It's not like he's a doctor.

8. SRW

Well, if he is a doctor he's no [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzvQMf3hIQ]YouTube - The Hangover - Paging Doctor Faggot[/ame]

I agree with Dawk. Football, while he is being PAID, is still a game. No way you can put a game in front of family, no matter the cost.

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I think he will play, but I don't think anyone can criticize him if he doesn't.

10. SRW

Crowned is right too. Nobody has walked a day in Ed Reed's shoes and knows what led him to whatever he decided. I just know how I'd feel in the situation.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Stop derailing the thread. If Cassell embarrases his replacement and the Ravens are eliminated and nothing new develops sunday afternoon in his brother's story then he will wish he had been there for himself and for his team.

12. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I find that improbable for a number of reason, we'd probably just revert back to a more conservative defensive scheme like we did the first six games w/o Ed (when we were still in the top 10 of pass D's).

As to what Ed should do I think that's Ed's decision and as fans it's up to us to accept it and support him. He's not a slave and these are certainly extraordinary circumstances.

13. Dragonite

Cool. But what about the opposite situation. He plays the game, and during the course of the game they find out that his brother is officially dead, or whatever it may be. Now if they win or lose, does it really matter he is going to feel like crap for not being there for his family when THEY needed him the most.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Then he gets on a plane and grieves with his family for a few days before getting ready for the next opponent. Him not playing and waiting around for that news won't change it and if his mom doesn't understand it she should move into the house that Brian Reed bought her.

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

haha. epic.

:Loco:

riic

16. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDfY5c5j4FQ]YouTube - Cold As Ice-Foreigner w/ Lyrics[/ame]

17. SRW

That's a choice he's going to have to live with, yes. But that's what being a man is about. Like Crowned said, nobody is in a position to judge him one way or another.

18. Dragonite

I don't know about Reed none of us do, but I would be a lot more distressed about not being there for my family than I would if my team lost a game because I was taking care of some family issues and trying to support my family.

Who is to say they don't lose IF Reed plays?

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

They might....but it wouldn't be because he didn't do his job.

20. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ