Ravens Likely To Part With RB Willis McGahee And His $6M Salary

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, Feb 21, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It appears likely that Willis McGahee will be cut by the Baltimore Ravens this offseason. The team decided at their recent evaluation meetings not to bring the running back and his $6 million in base salary back for the 2011 season, The Baltimore Sun reported on Monday, citing an NFL source. When asked about McGahee's future, Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said that no players would be cut before the current CBA deal expires on March 3. Newsome was non-committal when asked if the running back will be with Baltimore next season. "Right now, there are a lot of things that could happen before next season," Newsome said. NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported that McGahee, who longs to be a starting tailback again, is not inclined to take less than his $6 million salary to stay behind Ray Rice and a parting of the sides seems inevitable at some point this offseason.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Ravens have a history of their "scraps" being successful elsewhere. To the point...Priest Holmes. But I have no doubt it's in the best interest of the Ravens if Newsome is orchestrating it.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Yeah but Willis is recycled scrap. No way he deserves $6M for one year.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bye Willis, Keep McClain.

5. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

He's a solid #2 but worth no where near what he was going to make - I wouldn't be surprised if we bring him back for less money but obviously I think McClain is the better talent and would prefer to see him as the priority resign.