Ravens Rookie Matt Elam On Calvin Johnson: He's Pretty Old

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by markaz, Dec 12, 2013.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Baltimore Ravens rookie Matt Elam had a lot of compliments for Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson when he was asked about Megatron on Wednesday. The only problem is, Elam didn't stop talking after complimenting Johnson.

Elam was then asked how you stop a 'big, fast, athletic, unstoppable, freak' like Johnson and instead of saying something like, 'I just said he's unstoppable, which means you can't stop him,' Elam decided to go another route. The 32nd overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft called Johnson old and said being physical with him might be the best way to stop him.

"He's pretty old, so I don't know how physical he'll be," Elam said, via the Detroit Free Press. "He's a big guy, but he's older. I guess when they get older they're not going to be as physical, you know what I'm saying? We're going to have to be physical, make him uncomfortable."

Source: CBSSports

Way to go, rook. You gonna be busy on Monday.

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

megatron is going to eat this punk alive.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

He hecked up

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Yep. Not smart

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It's not even like a stupid move. It's simply wrong. Old? He's in the prime of his career. Guy is a dumbcrap.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Major STUPID!!!!!!

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

28 Years Old. Megatron will still be tearing it up in five years time.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

what a dumbass!!!

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

lol. This might be worse than when Anthony Smith called out the Patriots and Tom Brady lit him up all night. I hope Megatron destroys him.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Really doesn't matter what he said. Megatron is most likely going to tear
    Him up anyway you look at it.

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

True, but Stafford may make Johnson his primary when possibly a play calls for him as a 2nd or 3rd option. Just get this feeling that this will be a team effort to ensure that Megatron destroys this guy. :dunno:

12. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

"He can talk all he wants. He plays back, and I don't see him every play unless I run past him. I'm not worried about it."

-- Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, on Ravens rookie safety Matt Elam

:icon_smile: