Ravens Set Franchise Record For Offense

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Stinger75, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

The Associated Press reports the Baltimore Ravens set a franchise record with 501 total yards of offense during their Week 1 game vs the Kansas City Chiefs. Second-year quarterback Joe Flacco completed 26-of-43 passes for 307 yards with three touchdowns and an interception, breaking a 24-24 tie with the deep scoring lob to Clayton. Ray Rice led the ground game with 19 carries for 108 yards.

Source: KFFL

2. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

I am happy for them, but I do hope they go for the more control the ball offense in the future.

3. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Hopefully we don't need to reset that record this season - Joe shouldn't be throwing 43 times.

4. Wacko4Flacco

Amen to that. Our running attack is going to be amazing.

5. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

It was as balanced as it could be, we ran the ball 42 times

6. Wacko4Flacco

But we are a running team and it should not be 50-50. We should run much more than pbutt.

7. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

Lets not forget it was against the Chiefs, their secondary is weak.

8. Wacko4Flacco

True, this is not going to happen against the likes of the Steelers. That is why we have to stick to what works, run the football which opens up the passing game making it easier for our passing game to be successful.

9. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

if that was the case, Flacco would have had more completions and yards. he had about 40 minutes with the ball. that about 2/3 of the game time and he still just barely got over 300.

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Flacco sucks.

11. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

If Brandon Flowers plays that is a completely different game. Not saying the outcome would have changed but Flacco definitely wouldn't have thrown for 300 yards. They picked on Leggett as they should have.

12. Wacko4Flacco

I also think if Flowers would have played Flacco doesn't throw 43 times. I don't even know why he threw 43 times with Leggett in there. I think with Flowers playing we would have seen even more yardage from Rice & Willis.

13. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

It's called game planning! You look at your opponents and you come up with a plan that puts you in the best situation to win the game that particular week, Flacco wont throw it 43 times every week but there will be weeks when he does again this season, and they be others where he throws it 28 times, we are trying to achieve a balance on offense. You want to be able to win a game in different ways, i've seen Belichick throw it all over the field one week then run it down a teams throat the next. It's all about what you need to do to win that week