Redskins Could Release RB Willie Parker, WR Malcolm Kelly

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Another story is that some interesting names could be set free by Redskins coach Mike Shanahan at the final cutdown. There’s a good chance that running back Willie Parker doesn’t make the cut, and gifted but enigmatic 2008 second-round receiver Malcolm Kelly is a possibility to hit the market as well.

Source: Boston Globe

2. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

If we keep Johnson over Parker I'm going to be pissed, but I'd rather they both be cut.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...

It would be more surprising if Parker didn't get cut.

4. HailttRedskins

With what happened today, Kelly is either going on IR or being cut. Sucks, wished the best for him, he had the talent, oh well.

5. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

I hope they cut them both and go with the young guys.

6. Parker is done. Johnson maybe has 2 years left. I think they should try and sneak Torain on the
    practice squad.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Someone would sign Torain off their practice squad...no reason they can't keep him as a third back...

8. Keiland Williams is better than Torain

9. HailttRedskins

Why do you think Williams is better? Just curious is all, I feel as if Torain is the better of the two, but I'm willing to keep either, but would like to keep both, especially over Parker and Johnson.

10. He is younger and I think he has more potential in the long-term. Both are good players. :icon_smile:

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

younger? by a season? b/c of Williams being a rookie, I think they'd have a better shot at sneaking him onto the practice squad before Torain. Regardless, the Redskins signing Parker to start with was a question mark...

12. I also said I think Williams has more carries left in him and will be a better player overall.

I doubt they would sneak either player on the practice squad.

Agreed Parker signing was odd.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

They could try to carry four if they really want to keep Williams and Torain and possibly go with 7 O-linemen instead of 8. It seems like most teams nowadays are going with 7 instead of 8. We know how Shanahan loves his RB's and O-linemen...

14. haha good point. Maybe they will cut down on defense instead?

15. HailttRedskins

Makes sense. I think they both are smart when it comes to rushing, but I like Torain for the simple fact that he looks faster. I mean Williams is bigger which would be more logical for the short yard situations.

16. Torain seems like a lock to make the team. He is starting in place of Portis.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

for the next preseason game

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Looks like they opted to keep Williams and let Parker and Torain go.

Portis, Johnson and Williams. Not a bad rotation...as long as they stay healthy.

18. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

ugh, last place here they come

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Torain >> Williams ...

20. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Why was this bumped? I could have told you long before he signed with the Skins that Torain was better than all of their current RB's. That's not to say I think he's an all world beater but he's good and he's familiar with the head coach.