Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth To Skip Minicamp, Request Trade

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Jun 15, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who skipped the Redskins' voluntary workout program in protest of his new role on the team, will not attend the mandatory minicamp that begins Wednesday and wants to be traded, his agent said Tuesday night. "The Redskins are trying to establish a new regime with new schemes at Redskins Park, and it is not an organization that Albert would have ever been attracted to just a short year ago - regardless of the money," agent Chad Speck said in a phone interview. "He has made it clear to me that he does not want to play for the Washington Redskins. This situation will be a distraction to the Redskins and to Albert and his teammates. I am certain [head coach] Mike [Shanahan] and [General Manager] Bruce [Allen] want to get the most out of their first year and it's probably in everyone's best interests for the Redskins to make a deal and trade Albert." Redskins Senior Vice President Tony Wylie said "We're preparing for minicamp, so Coach Shanahan will address your question tomorrow." For weeks, Haynesworth has privately expressed frustration to some teammates about the coaching staff's decision to use him as a nose tackle in Washington's new 3-4 defensive scheme, and told them he would not participate in voluntary activities as defined by the league's collective bargaining agreement. Team officials maintain they have never discussed trading the two-time all-pro, but the Redskins have had talks with clubs interested in acquiring Haynesworth, according to people familiar with the situation.

Source: Washington Post

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  2. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Now that Ray Edwards is under contract, swap him and Haynesworth, I'd be all for it.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

haynesworth doesn't want to play in a 3-4........ it bothers me when someone who is making a boat load of money refuses to accept a change in their job and do something new. if my company eliminates my position and asks me to do something different but says they're going to pay me the same amount of money, i will gladly do it and be damn happy i still have a job.

4. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Translation: He's gonna throw a tantrum and be a distraction to everyone until you trade him.

5. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

This dude is such an unbelievably whiney cuntrag. It's pathetic. Get over yourself, butthole. Or go get a real job, see how you like that minimum wage.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

P.S. I hope your helmet falls off and someone stomps your head.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

The funny thing is, the Redskins are going to be playing with a number of different fronts so Haynesworth isn't always going to be lined up at NT...lol...he's just using it as an excuse to get out of dodge...

7. I actually think he would play more DE in a 3-4 than NT.

8. jarhd1775

jarhd1775 Special Teamer

Good, i hope he skips everything. Maybe that way the Redskins can get some of their money back thru fines.

9. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Interesting because CSN contacted him at 9 and he said he's glad to be part of this organization and he's ready to be here come training camp.

Sure hope his agent isn't lying, might be finding the door real soon.

10. rebelwr88

rebelwr88 Rookie

There isn't a DT in the league worth $100 mil and Haynesworth is proving it now

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he would still put up pro bowl numbers i a 34, hes such a huge man and great athlete that he would crush at end just like ngata....kemoeatu would probably play nose and with haynesworth at end orakpo would probably hover around 18 sacks

12. HailttRedskins

We're not even running a 3-4 all the time either so he'd be lining up in 4-3 situations. Like I said, his agents saying one thing, he's saying another, either we find out come training camp or he does get traded.

It's a win win situation, we lose his big contract or we have a monster on the field. I personally love Haynesworth, even if he does have a mildly crap attitude, I don't believe in all the hype of him being this terrible person and all, media is a joke and love hyping crap up, they tried to do it with Sean Taylor for a little while till he stopped talking to them all, minus a few.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The problem with Haynesworth is that he has a history of being lazy when he isn't happy or wants a contract.

14. HailttRedskins

I don't really think he's lazy, it's that he's a big butt dude and gets tired. I mean were not talking a WR here. I think sometimes he can be lazy, but I'm sure his body aches a lot more than most of ours with everything he does.

Looks like he'll be gone, I'll just be glad when it is, tired of reading the same old crap every week here / seeing it on TV.

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

If I'm not happy at the new job, why not looking for another one?

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

do you quit your current job just because your company asks you to do something differently though? i can understand 'looking' for something better if you don't like the new gig but you don't stop working.

17. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

he is big and he gets tired faster.....................really dude thats a cope out if that was the case most OL and DL would be pulling this crap right now

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

While he's a rodhead, we should be rejoicing.

1. We don't have to face his butt twice a year if he ends up not playing for them.
    2. The Skins will have lost arguably their best overall player if he ends up not playing for them.

$21,000,000. That's why.

You're seriously defending him with this???

19. HailttRedskins

His "laziness" yes. I believe he does get tired, he's carrying all that weight around and going just about 100% all game. I did see him a couple times last year kinda just walk around, but being a big guy myself, I know how it is.

I do believe he does have a piss poor attitude a lot, but I dont think he's really as lazy as everyone makes him out to be.

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

There are hundreds of players that are either as big as him or close to as big as him in the NFL. You give all of them a pass for laziness because of their size?