Redskins GM says team will be active in free agency

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sportsguy, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

The Washington Redskins couldn't do as much as much as they wanted two years ago. They did rather little last offseason. But now that the NFL-imposed $36-million salary cap penalty is finished, the Redskins can be what they want to be: aggressive.

The Redskins will be approximately $30 million under the salary cap -- and possibly more, depending on the cap's final number and cuts they could make. That means an offseason of shopping to improve a team that went 3-13 a year ago.

Redskins general manager Bruce Allen told SiriusXM NFL Radio hosts Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan that they are looking forward to free agency.

"We'll have some room," Allen said. "We're gonna have some room to do some things. But we have some players who are free agents, and we're going to talk to them first, to try to retain them. But we have the ability to maneuver around, and we'll be active in free agency."

Source: ESPN

2. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

My wishlist for Redskins at WR S and CB

WR Eric Decker, Emmanuel Sanders, Golden Tate, Edelman (I doubt we can get Maclin, but if we do great)
    S Chris Clemons (MIA), Stevie Brown, Taylor Mays (I am not wanting Jaruis Byrd I think he will be too expensive)
    CB Aqib Talib, Captain Munnerlyn, (Alterraun Verner would be great but again I fear price) we have too many

Any of these possible @Diesel44