Redskins QB Donovan McNabb Has Support Of Teammates In Wake Of Benching

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The day after the decision that rocked the Redskins, there was only one topic in the locker room: Sunday's decision by coach Mike Shanahan to bench six-time Pro Bowl quarterback Donovan McNabb in favor of backup Rex Grossman with 1:45 left and Washington trailing Detroit 31-25. "It was definitely a shocker to a lot of us," said cornerback DeAngelo Hall, an Atlanta rookie when McNabb and Philadelphia beat the Falcons in the 2004 NFC championship game. "As far as lingering effects of him getting benched, we really don't know what to expect. We hadn't had that happen before. "He's a consummate professional. He'll probably never let you guys know what's on his mind. He probably won't even let us know. ... We're employees. We do what the coaches say to do. If that's come out of the game, we come out of the game. For us to not rally behind what's being coached, that's not going to happen." But Hall joked that given the tremendous pressure the Lions were putting on McNabb, Shanahan shouldn't have replaced him with less mobile Grossman but with 5-foot-7, 155-pound Brandon Banks, who was bedeviling Detroit on returns. "That's what you needed back there," Hall said. "You needed a guy to run around. It was tough out there. Hat goes off to the Detroit Lions, that defense, they brought it from start to finish."

Source: NFLFanhouse

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He got benched for Rex freaking Grossman.

Now THAT is some sad sad crap.

3. It shouldn't have happened Shanahan panicked. Mcnabb is still a top 10 QB.

1 person likes this.
  4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

^ This... his 1 pick was actually a beautiful pass that he fit into a closing window of triple coverage and put right into the receivers hands..... who then lost a wrestling match for the ball.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Lol... maybe he'll get another sorry I benched you contract rewrite.

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

BS. He threw into double coverage with a DB right next to the receiver. Like, the DB was practically glued to the receiver he was that close.

Jim Schwartz probably thought it was a beautiful pbutt.

Any way you wanna slice it, one of the better coaches in the league sat McNabb because he felt Sexy Rexy had a better chance of winning the game.

DISSSSSS!

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

One of the better coaches int he league last decade who everyone in and around the NFL is agreeing made one of the dumbest calls in recent memory. Your ridiculous with your anti McNabb bullcrap. I would have a perma boner if Kolb could throw that ball that 5 threw instead of the floaters he's been picked off on over and over again that are nowhere near his receiver. McNabb has made and will continue to make some bad throws but that INT was not one of them and he's still 10 times the QB Kolb has been so far.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Do you even get it?

HE THREW AN INTERCEPTION. Not via a tip. Not a hail mary at the end of a half. A normal play that was easily contended and picked off. If the corner was 5 steps further back that might have been a great pbutt. You're blind.

How are you going to sit there and call that a great pass? It's because you have an inability to look at McNabb objectively. So do I, I admit it. But calling that pass a great pass? Give it a rest, man.

Lol. Shanahan knows so much more about football than you, me, or 'everyone in and around the NFL' will ever know. EVER. And he made the call.

[/phigles' argument]

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Dumb move, why would he want to re-sign now?

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Find me one person who is not a McNabb hater who thinks that was a good call. You won't find a coach in the league (other then maybe Shanny's son) who thinks that was a good call to bench McNabb and by your reasoning (that McNabb's pass was terrible because a DB ended up with it and not the WR who's hands it was placed in) it was a terrible call because look what Rexy did with his shot. [/bigsexy's irrational hatred and bitterness]

Word..... unless he get's another apology contract rewrite real quick he's a vike next year for sure.
    Unless of course Chilly is gone from Minny by then.

Exaggerate much?

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

What makes you think Shanny wants to resign him???

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He clearly doesn't. Which is great for the Eagles and Giants.

13. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

What the heck does this guy have to do to get some support from an organization? Benching for Rex Grossman is borderline goobered at any point, but the way Detroit was coming through the line, it makes even less sense.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Am I wrong?
    Easy to judge the call now that it's in the books. He wasn't going to win the game with McNabb in there, so he tried something else. Didn't work. It usually wouldn't be that big a deal unless you have a QB whose vag**a gets all sore and tender over the slightest thing.

McNabb is lucky as hell that Rex pissed his shot away. Had he came back and scored on that drive, he'd probably be starting the week after the bye.

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

No more then usual :icon_cheesygrin:

So I can't question Shanny's call just because it didn't work but you can question McNabb's beautifully thrown pass just because it didn't work. GOT IT.
    What has McNabb said about the benching again? Could you remind me please.

16. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

I have said this many, many times before: Donovan McNabb is THE most overrated QB in the NFL.

It's nice to see that Mike Shanahan now knows this too.

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

LMAO.... nice company you keep these days bigsexy

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

most people here know i aint a mcnabb fan but man this was crapty should not have happened and then to give an excuse like that

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

With the Skins, he could start by playing well

20. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I would have never believed this happened if I did not see it with my own two eyes. :icon_eek:

I mean Rex is still my boy and all but man, benching McNabb in that situation for Rex. LOL. Generally speaking I think the Shanarat is a good coach so maybe there is some kind of method to the madness. .

1 person likes this.