Redskins QB Donovan McNabb Hopes To Be Cheered By Eagles Fans

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Apr 14, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

New Redskins QB Donovan McNabb said Tuesday that he expects fans in Philadelphia to welcome him warmly when he returns to the city as a visitor this season. McNabb, speaking on ESPN's Pardon the Interruption, said he maintains positive memories of his 11 seasons with the Eagles, and hopes fans in the City of Brotherly Love look fondly on him as well. The Eagles traded McNabb to the Redskins last week. "Well, I hope I'll be cheered. I think that the things that I've been able to accomplish kind of overweighs the feelings that some may have had. I think a lot of times people focus so much on the low percentage of people who call into radio stations to vent, to feel like they need to get something off their chest. Or people who want to write articles about how their neighbor is feeling, or (that) somebody in the local gym sitting in the sauna wanted to express to them."

Source: USA Today

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

*giggle snort*

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

50/50.

4. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

He deserves a standing ovation - best QB in Eagles History and that won't change unless Kolb wins a Super Bowl.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I hope he does but i have a feeling he will be booed

6. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Lol u guys think he deserves a standing ovation? So did Brett. Did he get it? Nope, so this punk better not get one. Hate da redskins.

7. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

If he gets a standing ovation is probably for the wrong reasons like he is not wearing an eagles uniform anymore. But i do appreciate everything he has done for the eagles in the 11 years with the team, i just think it was time to let someone else try it because doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is nothing short of insanity

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He deserves a standing ovation. He also deserves to still be the starting QB for the Eagles though and we know how that went. I imagine it will be a mix of boos and applause but alot more boos then Dawk heard for sure even though neither of them could bring a championship to Philly and Dawk had more to do with his own exit from town then 5 had to do with his.

9. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Isn't that what he's been hoping for since his draft day?

2 people like this.
  10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I wouldn't boo him and I would hope the majority don't. Who knows though.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cpgobrowns again.

12. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

yea im not sayin he doesnt deserve it but dont expect it either. Brett did way more for his organization that mcnabb and got boos all over the place. But Mcnabb does deserve it but he probably wont get cause he was getting booed when he did play for the Eagles so why wouldnt they do it now?

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

You expect THAT fan base to cheer you, you've lost your mind.

14. cpgobrowns

Yeah, but Favre got booed for betrayal. If McNabb retired as an Eagle then came back as a Redskin, he'd probably be fearing for his safety not hoping for cheers. Where he ended up wasn't really his choice.

15. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Ok but the Packers screwed him bcause he wanted to stay but the decided he was getting to old and they were going younger just like mcnabb and his situation, so crap if im going to be let go from the team i wanna stay with why not get back at em and go to a rival, mcnabb easily could have went to somone else, even we would have been a good fit if it wasmt for Farves drama.

16. cpgobrowns

That's the betrayal I was talking about, but I understand the reasoning. I don't think that was the situation with McNabb. But, I fear we have now hijacked this thread talking about the thing I hate to talk about/hear talked about the most: Brett Favre. So I'm out. Sorry fellow Favre haters/Eagles fans. Resume the enjoyment of your Redskins' thread.

17. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Lol aight cya man

18. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

You will get booed very loudly...they only will remember the last game you played for them.

19. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Not completely true, if Favre never pulled the I'm retiring I'm not retiring crap, the packers would have gladly accepted him back in 2008. It was the flip flopping, not the aging that caused the problems with the packers.

20. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

They booed Santa Claus...remember.