Redskins QB Donovan McNabb Refused To Wear Wristband In 2010

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by BigBlueBruiser, May 12, 2011.

1. Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb reportedly refused to wear a wristband after he struggled to remember plays last season. Head coach Mike Shanahan pressed for the wristband, but McNabb declined because it would have been "bad for his image." McNabb has been one of the most image-conscious athletes of his generation, and he was concerned that the wristband would project the image that he couldn't learn Shanahan's offense. Owner Daniel Snyder was reportedly "pissed" at Shanahan for his inability to enforce the wristband. There's zero chance that McNabb will play for the Redskins in 2011.

Source: 106.7 The Fan Washington

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
  2. So getting benched twice in one season and then deactivated protected your image?

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

thank god this freaking circus left town.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Well said I was thinking this

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

diva :icon_rolleyes:

6. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

I remember one of the hosts on the sports radio station in Philly outing McNabb for wearing non-prescription glasses at the after-game press conferences so he could look smarter. LOL

He has always cared way too much about his image -- that's why he always managed to throw everyone else under the bus when they lost the big games.

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Lolz at the Shanahan sanctioned smear campaign being underway. Mostly case the way things are looking he has no options at QB even remotely close to the level of 5

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

McNabb Drama >= Favre Drama.

Didn't want to wear a wristband? Really? lol...

9. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Lolz at Phigles never say die blind love for mcnabb.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

:-D Nothing blind about it

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Of course he denies it...it's part of McNabb. It wouldn't be Donovan unless the story was she said, she said.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Where have you seen him deny it?

13. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Kelli Johnson reported a little while ago that Shanahan never asked McNabb to wear one, so therefore he couldn't have refused to wear one.

A friend of mine, Syracuse fan said that he wore one in college and wouldn't see why he'd be against wearing one now.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Oh that's right....you didn't. You just couldn't read well enough to understand the other story before you spewed more bullcrap about 5

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

i'm not taking a side here or care enough to find out whats true or not, like i said earlier i am happy this drama is off the eagles.

that is all.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

:cryin10:

more blinded love...more McNabb drama.

I guess I should've paid closer attention. I got a little excited and assumed that it was more McNabb bullcrap. Which it is...lol.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This x100.

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yeah...me too. It's alot more fun having a reformed psycopath as the face of our franchise...especially when the results were so much better,eh!

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

yep, anything is better than dealing with a bedwetter as the face of your franchise.

especially when the team never won the title with said bedwetter.

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Hey, at least he's got that killer instinct! Something 5 never had!