Redskins QB Rex Grossman Could Start Over Donovan McNabb This Week?

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Dec 14, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Last Sunday, surprising news about the Redskins coaching staff and QBs Donovan McNabb and Rex Grossman emerged in a FOX report that said the coaches had prepared Grossman to replace McNabb against the Buccaneers if the latter struggled. That didn’t happen in Washington’s one-point loss to Tampa Bay but it appears Washington’s staff might take it a step further this week. According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, via Pro Football Talk, the Redskins are considering starting Grossman in place of McNabb this Sunday vs. the Cowboys. In response, Kelli Johnson of CSN Washington tweeted that she had talked to a team source who didn’t believe that to be true. Grossman and McNabb split first-team reps last week in practice, so look for that to happen when the Redskins return to practice Wednesday.

Source: CBS Sports

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

LMAO. Please make it so. PLEASE

3. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Highly unlikely. Just a scare tactic to get Mcasswhipe to get his crap together. I for one am not a McNabb fan, the guy is a scapegoat artist that plays the blame game too much. /rant

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Sure he does.....cause you read that here on GIF or on some Cowturd message board. BUT can you site ANY examples of him actually doing so? God knows he has PLENTY of scapegoats in Landover to blame. We could debate the meaning of "We showed our youth" all day long but he's a Redskin for now.....can you show me where he actually has done anything remotely like what you claim in DC?

5. Agent Zero

T.O.

And this is off topic to the thread.. so that is all I am gonna say on the matter. :beer:

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

In other words you can't but won't admit it. Ok great. Thanks for playing.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i would emphatically 100% say that the first year of the new coaching and front office regime in D.C. has been a collossal failure. They have made one heck-up after another with this team.

8. Agent Zero

It was fun.. Thanks fella!

9. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

Awesome!!

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He just came off his best game of the season. WTF?

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'd prefer Grossman over McNabb this Sunday.

Please?

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

@ebrotherton Donovan McNabb is at Lakers-Wizards game. He was greeted with thunderous boos.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...

Grossman >>>> McNabb.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I hope Shanahan is dumb enough to think so too.

15. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Rooting for the Cowboys are ya?

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yep. Skins have 1 more win. I want them to each have equally as crapty draft pics at the end of the year. I also want McNabb to find his way to a better team AND Cowturd fans around here are a lot more fun when they think their team is any good.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Why would a better team take a washed up QB like McNabb? It's not like he brings anything to the table...lol.

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Troll elsewhere

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm asking you a question on why you think a better team would want McNabb...especially if the Redskins are looking to start Grossman over him. The fact that there is even talk of starting Grossman over McNabb is laughable...definitely says there is something wrong with McNabb...

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Or it could say that Shanahan knows Snyder is going to need a sacrificial lamb and he doesn't want it to be him or his kid.