Redskins "Seem Content" On Letting CB Carlos Rogers Walk In Free Agency

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Mike Jones of the Washington Post confirms that the Redskins "seem content" to let cornerback Carlos Rogers walk in free agency. Rogers doesn't want to play there, anyway. Having just recently turned 30, Rogers is no longer a spring chicken but should receive plenty of interest on the open market. The former No. 9 overall pick is a press corner, and a good chunk of the league's cornerback-needy teams are seeking man-to-man cover guys.

Source: Washington Post

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I really feel like he's going to land with the Steelers if Pittsburgh doesn't manage to re-sign Taylor...

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

If Dallas signs Nmadi or JonJo, Newman will be cut.

Him and Rogers could be amoung the best values on the Market

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think there's a good chance that Newman is cut regardless. I think the Cowboys have to cut players due to their cap situation...no?

5. Jihad Joe

Yes, but that depends on the cap.

Newman is at risk, but I think he is a few down on the chopping block with Colombo and Barber ahead of him

He still has some burn left, and if they hold onto an overpriced deal, Newman is most likley to be it

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Newman, Colombo, Williams, Barber will clear up space for Asomugha if they really want him. I agree if Newman is cut...he and Rogers could provide some nice value. I myself rather stick with Taylor than getting Rogers as his replacement. I wouldn't mind Rogers across from Taylor...but not as a replacement.

7. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

I would for the Vikes to pick him up.

8. Jihad Joe

Its always best to go with the guy you know and who knows the system

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Exactly...plus I think Taylor is a little more talented than the other guys.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I like Rogers. Hell, I like Newman, too. And they would both be particularly motivated with an Eagles uniform on.

And we'd be able t pay both of 'em instead of Aso.

Sign me up!

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I hope. We don't. Cut Newman.... Maybe they restructure his contract... Hells I wouldn't. Mind Rogers

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

newman can join flo here if he wants

id love rogers on the steelers too

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

see i think if they let newman go it will hurt us bad ....kinda not knowing what ya had till its gone ....if dallas needs to cut cap $$ start with barber and columbo

14. Jihad Joe

I think we would only cut Newman if we were to add another CB.

15. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Stupid move if we do, which I expect us to, but Carlos isn't worth the money he wants. Not saying he doesn't deserve money because he does, he's a damn good corner, but he needs the INT's to make it acceptable.

Hopefully one of the rookies pans out or we bring someone in because Hall on a #1 WR is going to give up 100+ a game, dude is garbage.

16. Jihad Joe

Honestly, Im not a fan at all of judging a CB by INT #s. I would take a guy that can play any WR in any style of coverage effectively and gets his hands on 2 or 3 pass's a year over a guy like Hall that while a playmaker will allow a WR to take over a game

17. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Exactly Joe, unfortunately Redskins fans are too blind or stupid to understand that. They look at Halls INT #'s and think he's great, when in reality he's top 10 at giving up yards every game. There's a reason Carlos is put on the #1 WR while Hall isn't.

Corners are WR's who can't catch, we all know that, it's whatever though. They'll learn fast how much he did for the team, unless for some reason a rookie does pan out to be a beast or we bring in a decent corner from somewhere.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree. Ike Taylor can't catch worth a lick...but he can stuck with the top guys in the league. If he could catch...oh man...

19. Jihad Joe

IMO, the "playmakers" with the exeption of guys like Samuel and Nmadi should be #2's. Have the shutdown guy lock down and force the QB to look to the lesser WR, we're you can offord to have a CB gamble more

20. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i dont think corners are WRs that cant catch...corners need a very specific skill set to be successful, and they have to be willing to tackle and back peddal while reading the QBs eyes and knowing when to turn and run. if anything WRs are CBs that arent willing to tackle or are too stiff....its much more difficult to be a corner than a WR.

also i wouldnt consider nnamdi a playmaker, hes dominant but hes not a big play guy....i think hes substantially better than revis, but revis is a better big play guy, mostly cause he leaves a bigger window to go after imo. hall and nnamdi should have been magical but hall just got ABUSED cause nnamdi was too dominant across from him.

rogers is a guy i think the steelers should really look into...resigning ike, and then going after rogers or joseph as a #2 and letting curtis brown grow into that nickel role