Redskins Shut Down QB Robert Griffin III For The Season

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by DaBears22, Dec 11, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Robert Griffin III spoke to the media Wednesday without much emotion, resigned to his surprising new role as the No. 3 quarterback for the Washington Redskins. Kirk Cousins will start for the next three weeks.

"I'm sure everyone knows by now coach decided to shut me down for the rest of the season," Griffin said. "I expressed my desire to play. ... He explained to me his reasoning, and at the end of the day, coach's decision is what we go by."
    RGIII shut down for 2013

Coach Mike Shanahan said that he was benching Griffin in order to make sure he's healthy for the offseason.

Source: NFL.com

What took so long? He obviously wasn't the same player and with their record, why risk him getting another injury.

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

He's not injured, his gimmick got figured out and didn't have the ability to adapt and play a more traditional style. Not that it's his fault, he was always doomed in Washington and is destined to be put on the scrap heap.

PS. Screw you media and particularly NFL.com for saying that the trade was the worse draft move in Rams history. Shortsighted hecks.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Good news for the Cowboys!

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

But is it?!?

5. ragman

I'll take my chances with Cousins over RG3 any day.

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Have you watched RGIII play this season it's horrendous, Dallas would have benefitted from playing rgiii

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

8. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I wish you the best of luck.

I am just gonna say that Cousins is playing for his LIFE in the NFL. If he doesn't succeed in these next 3 games, he will almost certainly be a backup for the rest of his life.

You will still win because Kyle is leading the offense!

9. ragman

It's not just RG3 that got figured out. Kap at SF has been figured out as well. It seems that all the QBs that run the Wildcat or Pistol or whatever you want to call it have been figured out because the defensive coordinators have had time to adjust. The only QB that still has had success is Wilson in Seattle. Why? Because they roll him out.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

rg3's line is total crap! sunday the skins will either roll cousins out and run different plays or he will get beat up just like rg3 has all year.

11. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Every time I feel like crap about the Cowboys, I just think about the dumpster fire that is the Redskins and I feel better.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

cowboys are almost as pathetic as the skins! all that talent in dallas,everybody picking them as super bowl and division champs year in and year out,jaws,hollingsworth jerking off about how great the boys and romo are year in and year out,and while they made it to the playoffs and won a playoff game under romo,that is about all they did!
    skins maybe the world's longest train wreck but the cowboys are almost as pathetic!

13. ragman

Every time I worry about the Beagles, I look at the score Cowboys 17, Beagles 3, and I feel better.:icon_twisted:

14. Agent Zero

Negative.. I'm not talking about the expectations of the Cowboys. Cause, after all it is the Dallas Cowboys.(for some reason everyone in the media thinks this is "our" year every damn year) What I am getting at is the dismal situation that is going on in DC. Franchise QB is deactivated, the coach would fire the OC if it wasn't for him being his son. Not even sure if the coach will be there next year.. It is just a mess right now.

15. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Well look at the Cowboys playoff record for the last 17 years. That should bring you back down to earth.

I feel like this story is a year late. I don't get it now. But honestly, they might be better off with Cousins anyways.

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Agree! but if you look at the nfc east teams the last ten years the giants and eagles are more consistent winners than dallas or washington.

17. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Do you still feel that way after wasting away 23 points?

18. Agent Zero

Touche

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

SHanahan is gone at the end of the season, Snyder will name Griffin the starter for next season.

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

snyder does not have to name him the starter,giving up about everything in three drafts assures him of that.
    regardless of who the coach is,rg3 should spend the whole offseason working on his mechanics,studying film to see his weaknesses,and learn how to not stare down recievers and how to read defenses.

LebaneseFF likes this.