Redskins To Make A Run At Free Agent WR Terrell Owens?

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Free Agent wide receiver Terrell Owens is in need of a new home and Redskins coach Mike Shanahan strongly considered signing Owens in 2006, before the outspoken, headline-grabbing receiver joined the Dallas Cowboys. Asked this week about Owens, an unrestricted free agent, Shanahan said: "We don't talk about who's on our radar screen for obvious reasons, but we do have a plan. And sometimes we'll wait to see what the market value is relative to the price, how many guys might be out there. But we're going to constantly try to upgrade our football team, and sometimes it has to do with salary as much as has to do with just getting depth. And maybe after our minicamps, maybe after the draft, some guy will be out there, and we'll gobble him because we think he has a chance to improve our football team." Some reports indicate that Owens wants to match his $6.5 Million salary from last season, though his agent has said the receiver will be more flexible.

Source: Washington Post

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010
  2. smeags

smeags militant geek

the potential for jokes if this happens is unlimited.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Well, T.O. is half way to being the NFC East snitch seeing he's a former Eagle and Cowboy.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I hope it happens. The Skins have been pretty boring.

5. KASSIE

KASSIE What's It to YA??

Ownes making his way around the nfc east... what next? The giants?

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

this

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

imagine that progressively thinking fanbase when a very opinionated, big mouthed diva minority athlete starts to rip that team apart.

:icon_cool:

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

IF T.O. signs with the Redskins, when does he throw Shanahan, Synder, and company under the bus? :icon_cool:

9. keemNicks

keemNicks Team Veteran

6.5 mil again? Idk if hes gonna be worth that especially with Rex and Campbell attempting to throw to him when he'll most likely be covered by the best backs in the league.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Shanahan wants to gobble him?

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Owens in a Skins uniform would be phenomenal!

12. jarhd1775

jarhd1775 Special Teamer

The only thing funnier then this would be kolb starting for the Eagles. Owens will have a impact no matter where he goes. He can still motor, look what he did for the Bills last season, one of the worst teams in the league.

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Uhhhh what exactly did he do for the Bills last season?

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Refresh my memory?

Less than 60 catches for 800 something....

I guess you have a point...it is an upgrade over Antwan Randle El...frankly, I'd rather have Randle El...lol...

Actually...we do...

15. jarhd1775

jarhd1775 Special Teamer

883 yards from scrimmage and 6 TD's.

Antoine had 530 yards 0 TDs and is a waste of a roster spot. Has a great attitude but he isnt a good WR. #4 at best.

TO & Moss would be a great improvement. Now they just need a QB who can throw the ball.

16. DawkinsINT

Why would Kolb starting for the Eagles be funny? He showed some real flashes in his only two starts last year.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Exactly. Not numbers to write home about...lol...

18. keemNicks

keemNicks Team Veteran

for the eagles fans out there.... im asking this because I am not an eagles fan, and I don't know what your QB plans are, but if Reid is open to offers for all his QB's right now, what do you guys plan on doing for a starter if you lose Donovan and Kolb.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

:icon_rolleyes:

20. DawkinsINT

Kolb is pretty much untouchable. No way they move both him and McNabb.