Reid Protecting Kolb By Naming Vick The Starter?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by bigsexyy81, Sep 24, 2010.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

It was more of Kolb's Phil Simms scrambling like ability and Ryan Leaf like decisions that put Andy Reid in this position. One of the biggest knocks on Vick was always that he was a RB that had a great arm but couldn't throw. Well, much like Happy Gilmore, Vick can be saying "Uh Oh, Look who's learned to throw." I never thought I'd say this but Donovan McNabb taught Michael Vick how to be a complete passer. Now, he's not Peyton Manning but as he showed today, he can get out of the pocket by scrambling, PLANT HIS FEET and still chuck the ball 20 + yards.

I HATED Vick when he was with the Falcons. I thought he was the most over rated player in football. He did some seedy crap and paid his debt. I'm slowly becoming a big Mike Vick fan. All it took was something BIG to happen in his life. While McNabb wasn't the most accurate QB, he was a pretty damn good football player. He taught Vick to not be a selfish pr**k and help himself get better by watching film, working hard and looking out for your team. That being said, I don't think Kolb is the future of this team and neither is Mike Vick but hey, it'll be fun while it lasts.

2. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

Vick looked very good against the Jags....... wouldnt be suprised if he starts from now on.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He starts until he comes back to Earth and has a bad game. Then, Mr. Wishy-Washy, Andy Reid, will go back to Kevin Kolb.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

well that wont be after then skins or niners games that's for sure.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This worked perfectly. No one expects Kolb to perform well at this point and since the 'starter' is injured, any wins or solid performances are just gravy.

Worked freaking beautifully. Now all Kolb needs to do is play good football.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

And, if he doesn't...?

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

We wait for Vick to come back.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Exactly.