Reyes Makes History

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by TheDuke, Sep 29, 2011.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He's pretty much the Anti-Ted Williams the way he approached this. I don't mind him bunting for a hit, speed is a huge part of his game, but asking to be taken out is a vaginal move.

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Did Braun drag bunt in the first inning of the game and then go park his butt on the bench? Did Braun's coach openly admit he would take him out of the game if he reached base safely in his first at bat?

Apples to oranges Duke.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

How is it apples to oranges? Braun goes 2-2 and then suddenly in the 4th comes out of the game? You're telling me that if the Brewers were out of the playoffs and Braun and Reyes were tied up yesterday they'd of kept him in the game after he had a single? Bullcrap. Any team not in a playoff race would do that crap. Mets fans don't have a whole lot to be proud of these days since the Wilpons have all but hecked up the game for the whole of us so Reyes winning a Batting Title(THE FIRST IN METS HISTORY) is big not only for Reyes but also for the fan base. He'll be a Met next year and hopefully put together a full campaign. Once they bring in the fences in that freaking canyon Wright should start getting better numbers again and that offense should come alive but until then this is a high note on a crapty season. So yeah, Brauns manager took him out once he had the batting title lead over Reyes and Collins AND Reyes decided they wanted to bring this to the league. There is an "I" in team when your team is like 20 games out and has been out of the playoffs for over a month.

4. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

So.... 2 snitches then. Doesn't make it defensible.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Remember a few years ago, Hanley Ramirez won the batting title going against Pujols and Sandoval. He played the whole final game and took the title like a man.

1 person likes this.
  6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

MJ wins the thread. Period.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Marlins finished something like 12 games out. so that whole "oh we have nothing to hold on to" talk is bullcrap too. Just like resting for the playoffs. Point is Reyes did this so he can market himself as a high quality free agent. I hope the Mets keep him, he will be Adrian Beltre version 2.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This.

He didn't sit out a week or two. Sat out one game. Who freaking cares.

9. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I think the Mets should make it a top priority to resign him this off season. He is such a big part of this team

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Reyes may be a top priority of the Mets, but the Mets may not be a top priority of Reyes.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

you're not really mounting a good defense with this.

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

"Tweeted Jerry Seinfeld: How in the world does nobody in Mets Clubhouse see Reyes choice was so, so terrible? Anybody in PR anywhere around there?! Unbelievable!
    SodaHead

And there you have it. A solid quote from a solid comedian from solid source.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

when over the hill jewish comedians speak, sports fans listen.

14. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I freaking hate Jerry Seinfeld. I might switch sides on this argument just so I'm not agreeing with him.