Rick Nash Scores With 20 Seconds In OT In Win Over The Stars

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by CP26, Oct 10, 2008.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Rick Nash scored from the slot with 20 seconds left in overtime to give the Columbus Blue Jackets a 5-4 season-opening victory over the Dallas Stars on Friday night.Nash scored after taking a pass from Jason Chimera.Columbus, which won for only the second time in its past 19 games against the Stars, had gone ahead by scoring three goals in less than a 5-minute span of the third period.

Source: NHL

2. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

That would've been a fun one to watch. I wonder if Avery was up to his usual self.

Nash is a freaking beast.

3. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

He is still racking up points after Zherdev left.

4. BengalStripes

BengalStripes Did you get that Al?

It was a great game. Jackets were up 4-2 and gave up 2 goals with 3 minutes left in regulation.

The new Jackets looked pretty good. I'm optimistic.

5. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Good To See BengalsStripes. Dont be a Stranger in the hockey section. I usually bash on The Jackets :icon_cheesygrin:

6. BengalStripes

As a Jackets fan, there really hasn't been much to post about. :icon_cheesygrin:

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

lol true that...

We just need a or our hockey bookie to wake up.

8. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Who is that?

Could DD do it?

9. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

It's too bad Nash is the only guy worth a crap in Columbus.

10. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

What about Pascal Leclaire? He is a good goalie

11. chiefswin19games

LeClaire is an outstanding goalie. 88 probably doesn't even know who he is.

12. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

I meant anything close to a super star.

13. BengalStripes

This coming from a Blackhawks fan? That's laughable. Last year was the first year the Blackhawks finished in front of the Jackets in the standing over the past 4 years.

Blackhawks who?

Back on topic. Peca got a suspension from a bullcrap call on Friday night. Peca tripped when a Brendan Morrow swept out his leg. They called a misconduct penalty on him because he was pissed it was a non-call. Total BS, then right after, the game misconduct. I have a problem with the ref asserting that Peca grabbed his arm and that grabbing his arm qualifies as "applying physical force". Peca was wearing an 'A' and had a legitimate issue to discuss. That missed call could have cost the Jackets 2 points (and a playoff spot), the least the ref could do is have the balls to turn and face Peca to listen to his beef. I wonder what the punishment would be for Crosby, Ovechkin, or Iginla... I'm guessing not 10 games.

You tube video:

Pretty crappy quality but you can kinda see Peca skate toward the official and grab his arm.

BTW, it's at about the 1:15 mark of the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJf86cY_dQY]YouTube - Dallas Stars Score Goal During 5 on 3 Power Play[/ame]

I must conclude this is one of the lamest things I've seen from this league in a long time......other than the Blackhawks. :wave:

14. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

:agreed:

15. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Last time i checked your team still sucks.

RJ Umberger as your number one center. :laughpound:

Making fun of us? LOL. I wouldn't be talking.

Your team hasn't even come close to making the playoffs.

Pot meet kettle.

16. chiefswin19games

And your point is? He's a former 1st round draft pick that never really got his shot until now. He's big, he can hit, shoot when he needs to, and distribute the puck. What else do you look for in a Center? Why don't you go make some more attempts on hating on the Cubs or some crap.

17. BengalStripes

Wow. You're right. And the Jackets have been above Chicago in the standings every year, except twice since they have been in existence. Got me there.

18. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

We have a history of making the playoffs.

If your team finally does make it, get back to me.

19. BengalStripes

Didn't everyone make the playoffs when there were only 6 teams?