Ricky Williams Reinstated - Which Team Will Sign Him?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by Jammin Jaguar, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

As we all know, Ricky Williams has been reinstated by Roger Godell after an 18-month suspension. Now, which team will he sign for if he gets released by the Phins?

I in all honesty think the Phins will stay with him, despite all the talk about them not wanting him and so on I still think he'll end up there. They're going to go 0-16 this year after all their injuries and poor performances, they lost Ronnie Brown due to injury... It just makes sense for them to sign their one-time fan favorite again.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

If he gets waived look for the Rams to get him. They could use a solid backup RB behind Jackson and Linehan was his former O.C. in Miami.

3. tampa bay makes sense

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He'll stay in Miami. I wouldn't have said so if Ronnie Brown was still in the picture, but with him out, it's only going to help the Fins to try and get some production out of him in tandem with Chatman, and attempt to increase his trade value rather than cutting him outright. I doubt they go forward with him in 2008 with Brown coming back and Chatman having shown himself to be a capable backup with no headcase factor, but they will stick with him through the rest of this season and attempt to get an early 2nd day pick for him.

Unless this is the last year of his contract, I'm not sure.

5. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

I like both tampa bay and miami they both need a running back that has the capability to do something with the ball they really need it.

6. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

I don't think they'll waive him but if they do the Rams might place a claim on him to back up Steven Jackson.

7. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Alex Smith for Ricky Williams..straight up!

Honestly..how can anyone expect him to productive at the NFL level? He's worthless, maybe Ditka can take over the Falcons and trade the entire draft card for him?

8. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

:qft:

Miami will keep him but he's a non factor.

9. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

:ganja:
    Denver

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Miami seems to be the only logical choice. They need something to try and get the fans excited at this point.

11. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

LMAO...Ricky Williams damn sure doesn't get me excited about this season. I think he'll stay in Miami to backup Chatman and possibly next year for insurance for Ronnie Browns knee.

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I have no doubt that he doesn't give you or most true Fin fans anything to get excited about, but the front office might use this as a ploy of something positive to talk about to the masses. It's the borderline fans that they will target with this. They must be hating all of the current negativity. They might be able to sell more tix and advertising when he returns. Know what I mean. It's business.

13. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

I still laugh every time I see the video of Cameron "Ted Ginn Jr. will make you proud...." or whatever. :lol:

Oh, Williams is a tool and will probably get suspended again if he starts to play.

14. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I'm wondering what kind of shape he's in.

15. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

he'll end up in the same place as Pacman. Sitting at home watching the games on TV.

16. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

^^^ Probably...I know I'll never place any faith in him again. I would just as soon they end their relationship with the guy, take what you can get and move on.

17. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

So you don't think Pac will play once he's reinstated?

18. Cheezymadman

He'll never play in the NFL again. No one's crazy enough to take a chance on him.

19. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

You are joking right? We will be a Titan next year. If people gave Tank Johnson/Chris Henry a chance why would they not give Pac another. They have caused just as much trouble as him.

20. Cheezymadman

Tank Johnson and Chris Henry didn't cause a man to be paralyzed.