Roger Goodell To Meet With Vikings QB Brett Favre

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 16, 2010.

1. According to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune's Judd Zulgad, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will meet with Vikings quarterback Brett Favre to discuss allegations that he sent numerous inappropriate text messages while a member of the New York Jets. Goodell indicated that the NFL is still gathering facts about Favre's relationship with former Jets sideline reporter Jenn Sterger, to whom Favre made numerous sexual advances in 2008. Goodell did not hint at any league discipline, but it's only fair that Favre gets to tell his side of the story. After the interview, Goodell will have to determine whether what Favre did violated the Personal Conduct Policy.

Source: RotoTimes

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

WTF? WTF? WTF?

I thought he already said he wasn't going to meet with him?

3. Goodell just confirmed this during an interview at halftime of the Notre Dame-Western Michigan game.

4. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

This

5. My guess is Roger changed his tune rather quickly......maybe he wants Favre's side of the story before he makes a final decision on the matter.

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

The point is this is in no way a league matter. Personal conduct code? Bullcrap. At most it was a text message. Who's next, players that have s*x outta wedlock?

7. The meeting will take place on Tuesday......

Albert Breer: Twitter.com

8. If Tagliabue was still in charge.....this wouldn't even be newsworthy.

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I wonder if Favre will wear his Crocks for the meeting?

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

The only thing Favre could be done for is sexual harrasment...and that's at a stretch.

Doesn't get much more pointless than this.

11. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

I hope so!:icon_cheesygrin:

12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I think this is a great move by Roger Goodell. You cant let things like this just slide by. you need to put your foot down on players doing things like this

13. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

DO you even know what he supposedly did?

14. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea Favre was sending inappropriate messages and photos to the Jets reporter

15. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

She's a grown butt woman. Not like he sent it to a child.

16. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

I don't like what he did, but I don't see it as a big deal.
    If it really bothered her, she would have came forward right after it happened, not wait two years and sell it to Deadspin. If Sterger didn't see it as sexual harassment, its a non issue, except for Favre's family.

17. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Sweet Jesus a voice of reason....:icon_cheesygrin:

18. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

Sorry, but you can't just send pictures of your junk to any woman who you think should see it.

In the real world, it's sexual harassment since they were both employees of the team.

Enjoy your suspension, Brett. I know I will. :icon_cheesygrin:

19. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He won't be suspended, since it's his first-time offense.

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Theres gotta be some kind of potential indecent exposure issue too. You cant just go around whipping out your c**k at whomever you feel like.