Romo Or Manning? Pat Kirwan Breaks It Down

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by ravenfan52, Jun 24, 2008.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

2. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Eli will always be better in my books. till Romo gets a superbowl ring. he hasnt won a game yet in the playoffs. so lets get that done first

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

OMG!!!! Are you a broken record or something? :icon_eek:

4. Libid21

Libid21 Guest

Well, it's the truth. IMO, Eli is the better quarterback. He's overcome more pressures than Romo has, and Romo breaks down because of what... his [hot] girlfriend?

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

QFT

6. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Good read and the truth there.

7. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

cowboys news with a giants icon?

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

It's real simple.

PLAYOFF WINS
    Eli Manning: 4
    Tony Romo: 0

SUPER BOWL RINGS
    Eli Manning: 1
    Tony Romo: 0

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

'Eli Manning is now 4-2 in playoff games, including a victory in Super Bowl XLII. Romo is 0-2 in playoff games.'

And yet for the past few seasons, all we hear is how stacked the 'boys roster is and how they are legit SB contenders.

I'd take Sheli.

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I think tony romo is better eli just had a lucky streak in the playoffs. I expect eli to be back to his old self this year.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I feel dirty giving rep to an Eagles fan :icon_eek:

12. ravenfan52

Well it's both the Giants and the Cowboys, I figure Eli has the ring, so the giants get the icon. I guess I could've put 'NFC' for both, but that's just stupid.

13. ball in the baskett

Dont get me wrong i hate tony romo and dont think hes the next peyton manning but hes better than eli.

14. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

no i just express my thoughtsw. Romo hasnt won a playoff game yet. and eli has won a superbowl. you weigh those stats out

15. Libid21

Libid21 Guest

And what, Romo had an unlucky streak in the playoffs? I don't see your valid reasoning to why Romo is clearly better than Eli Manning other than you blaming Lady Luck. Most likely because Romo has choked in the playoffs and Eli hasn't... (Don't forget he also choked in that game where he screwed up the field goal attempt which held them out of the playoffs that season. Call him unlucky as many times as you want, but he is what he is until he shows the world otherwise - a choker.)

16. ravenfan52

Another thing, almost all of you would tell me that the Cowboys are a more talented team than the Giants. Tony Romo had all this talent right in front of him, and he couldn't take advantage of it. Instead, he didn't win a playoff game. And then, because he choked in the playoffs against two different teams, he decided to have two different celebrities choke on his rod. With every playoff game he loses, he will bang another celebrity. Anyway, uh, my point was, that he has all this talent and can't do crap with it, and eli Manning doesn't have a great offense but leads it to a superbowl championship.

17. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

what was eli in the playoffs prior to this year? 0-2 with 2 huge choke jobs. Superbowl rings is the most unfair way to judge a player, especially a QB...no other position gets judged like that...no ones saying brandon jacobs is better than LT cause hes got a ring. Eli was the first overall pick and was terrible for a few years now hes slowly progressing but he didnt exactly single handidly defeat the mighty patriots....his dline was incredible for that game. I honestly expect eli to fail this year, we'll see though but i dont see the giants making much noise this season. Romo was an undrafted FA and lit crap up in preseason, was handed the job later that year and never looked back. If im taking one of them on the steelers im taking romo because of what hes done with his breif career, he shows brilliance more often than he struggles imo.

it doesnt matter though, ben is better than both of them :icon_cheesygrin:

18. ball in the baskett

Romo is a better decision maker than eli. Eli has had had over 20 picks in every season the past 3 years. Romo has only played 2 years he will win a playoff game eventually. Eli gets way to much credit he would be nowhere without the giants defense last year. Anyway mcnabb is better than both of them cause he doesent have a TO or plaxico and still produces lol.

19. Libid21

Libid21 Guest

It's obvious that people judge quarterbacks (and athletes in general) differently. I, for one, think I'm right to judge quarterbacks when comparing mostly by the number of championship rings he owns.

I can see now that you're trying to point out that you think Romo is better because he has been a better statistical quarterback than Eli Manning in his regular season careers.

See, I don't think a ringless quarterback should be proclaimed better than a quarterback who does have a ring just because he does better in the regular season.

Showing how Romo underachieves in the playoffs...

Romo 2006:
    Regular Season (13 Games):
    95.1 QB Rating - 19 TDs - 13 INts - 21 Sacked - 9 Fumbles

Wildcard (1 Game / Loss):
    89.6 QB Rating - 1 TDs - 0 INTs - 2 Sacked - 2 Fumbles

Romo 2007
    Regular Season (16 Games):
    97.4 QB Rating - 36 TDs - 19 INts - 24 Sacked - 10 Fumbles

Divisional Game (1 Game / Loss):
    64.7 QB Rating - 1 TDs - 1 INTs - 2 Sacked - 0 Fumbles

I just think Romo's solid regular season stats simply magnify his poor playoff performances thus giving people a reason to label him a choker.

And since we're comparing him with Eli, let's check the Sheli out for ourselves...

Manning 2006
    77.0 QB Rating - 24 TDs - 18 INTs - 25 Sacked - 9 Fumbles

Wild Card Game (1 Game / Loss):
    85.6 QB Rating - 2 TDs - 1 Ints - 1 Sacked - 0 Fumbles

Manning 2007
    73.9 QB Rating - 23 TDs - 20 Ints - 27 Sacked - 13 Fumbles

Playoffs (4 Games / Wins):
    95.7 QB Rating - 6 TDs - 1 Int - 9 Sacks - 2 Fumbles

Again, if you think a quarterback should be judged by how he plays in the regular season, that's fine. It's your own opinion. However, like I said before, I just don't think that someone without a super bowl ring should be thought of to be better than someone who does have one especially because that person doesn't do so hot in the playoffs (where it counts).

20. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

the question is who is better, not who has SB rings. eli was first round pick who has more expeirence in the starting games yet romo the undrafted FA has only one full year as a starter and has better stats than elisha when it come to TD's and rating yet all most peaople say is no woms in play offs ans no Sb, comw on due is still under 30 and the cowboys are the 4 the youngest team give it time

remember how many people banged on P manning how playoff games did he lose before wining not that romo is P manning

well by this way of judging Elisha manning is better than Marino