Romo Or Manning? Pat Kirwan Breaks It Down

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by ravenfan52, Jun 24, 2008.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i knew it wouldnt be long til marino came up.....lol, its a legit argument though

2. Libid21

Libid21 Guest

I just thought the question was "Who is better..." not "Who will be better..."

And at this point, I don't know how the position that a quarterback was drafted in helps or detracts from the argument of who is the better quarterback.

Like I said, some people just judge quarterbacks by different standards...

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I also dont think a qb with a ring is better than a qb without one. Brad johnson has a ring is he better than guys like mcnabb,drew brees,or romo i think not.

4. K Train

brad johnson is a muthafukin baller

5. Libid21

Libid21 Guest

Eh, I guess you guys make a point about that.

I still think Eli Manning is a better quarterback though. Seeing who he's beaten (being such a big underdog/playing the David of the Goliath story... just makes him that much better IMO).

6. ball in the baskett

When it comes to regular season its romo by far but playoff wise romo is the biggest choker ever.

7. K Train

SAYS AN EAGLES FAN!?!?!?!! You keep throwing in how mcnabb is so much better than everyone...have you forgot so quickly? When it comes to choking donovan might be in a league of his own

8. ball in the baskett

Atleast we could win some playoff games with him. Also mcnabb has less to work with. Westbrook is our # 1 receiver lol. He might have bad luck in nfc championship games but his win percentage is 3rd behind brady and manning.

9. K Train

what does winning a few playoff games get you if you end up choking regardless? sorry but a win in the divisional round gets forgotten pretty quick but 3 straight NFCC choke jobs and throwing up during the superbowl lives forever

10. Libid21

Libid21 Guest

That's why I'd rather have Eli than Romo. I wouldn't be satisfied with just reaching the playoffs.

To be fair, I do think Romo still needs more time to show what he's got.

11. ball in the baskett

He said he dident throw i dont know if i should believe him. And its not like he totally choked in the superbowl we lost by 3 to a really good team.

12. K Train

but as long as you won a playoff game that year thats all that matters right? that is where greatness is achieved right? :icon_eek:

13. ball in the baskett

Hes a good QB what other QB would win in the playoffs with todd pinkston and freddie mitchell :icon_eek:. To helped us get home field but we had to win those games to get to the superbowl. And even though he hasent won a superbowl it doesent change that hes a great QB. Hes has had less than 10 ints 6 out of the 9 years in the league. He doesent make to many mistakes thats why i like him.

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

John Elway was the biggest choker ever until Terrell Davis joined him. Peyton Manning was the biggest choker ever before January 2007. Now Tony is the biggest choker ever. Who will be the biggest choker ever once Tony leads the Cowboys to a Super Bowl?

My vote goes to McNabb :icon_cool:

15. Libid21

Libid21 Guest

My prediction this year (predicted this a while ago) for the Super Bowl is Cowboys against Jets. Not saying Romo can't make it to the Super Bowl. I think there's a possibility, but he has choked so far. Given the opportunity though, it should be fair to say that Romo can make it to the Super Bowl.

16. K Train

please alot of QBs have had alot less help than mcnabb. You keep saying how great he is and how terrible eli is and how big of a choke job romo is....when really those guys really might have overtaken mcnabb as being the best QB in the east. Mcnabbs best days are behind him and although you will never ever realize that you dont really have the leverage to call eli terrible or romo a choke when really the eagles dline and mr westbrook are carrying the team now just liek you said about elis "beastly" dline....and dont call romo a choke job unless your willing to accept mcnabb as the emperor of those who choke

17. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Mcnabb sucks end of story.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd go Romo for now. He's got a potent offense behind him and he has a huge arm, quick release and he has the guts to make the throws. Romo is always poised. The same thing cannot be said about Eli. He can fall down at any minute. If he continues to play the way he did in the stretch at the end of the season, then it's a different story. This is a lot closer than it should be because of the Super Bowl Ring Manning has...

19. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

What would you rather have. A QB who can get you into the playoffs and then cut down on mistakes and be poised when it counts. Or a QB who tears it up in the regular season and then chokes in the post season. I'll leave that up to you.

20. K Train

id rather just have ben.

at least you retty much know romo is getting you to the playoffs, the giants will be sitting at home next january after eli shows what hes all about again