Ron Jaworski Claiming Randy Moss Took Plays Off Sunday?

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Cletusaurus, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski saw something in the Patriots-Eagles game film that was troubling beyond what Philadelphia did in coverage to shut down Randy Moss on Sunday night.

During a conference call with reporters yesterday, Jaworski, who will be in the booth for Monday night's game between the Pats and Ravens in Baltimore, claimed he saw Moss slacking off at times when his number wasn't called.

Source: Karen Guregian, The Boston Herald

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Sounds like the "old" Randy Moss

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I saw the same thing from a couple of sideline shots. He was clearly frustrated. I don't think it will become a big issue though, no way in hell does most teams shut down Moss for the entire game. Brady will find a way to keep him involved.

4. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

He still took 2-3 defenders with him though didn't he? Yawn!

5. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Yep.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

You just took the words right out of my mouth, LOL.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

thats what randy moss does, he can go cold at any moment.

also i watched it, lito sheppard hecked him up at the line....i forever have respect for him now...thats not only ballsy, that takes alot of skill

wrong. lito manned up on him, jammed him, made him look like a girl and then there was a safety over the top just in case....the single best way to cover moss..lito hung with him all night

8. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

it was only a matter of time before it happened in new england

9. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Tom Brady said that wasn't true,so good enough for me.

10. K Train

thats shocking lol...a QB defending his diva WR...mind blowing

11. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I saw Brady on the sidelines tear Dillon a new butthole on national television when he was our star running back. If Moss needs his butt kicked it will get kicked, and it sure doesn't have anything to do with what anyone from the media sees or reports.

12. K Train

were they undefeated on the verge of breaking all the records? did dillion give brady off the chart numbers?

13. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Back then Dillon was as important to us as Moss is this year. Moss has 1095 yards,71 receptions,16 tds in 11 games this year. Just think where'd he be if he wasn't taking off plays:icon_rolleyes:

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Or still with the Raiders...:laughy32:

15. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Brady may have torn Dillon a new one on the sideline but that's not even close to the same as calling out a player in an interview (which is where I'm assuming Brady talked about Moss.)

Brady never called out Dillon using the media did he? You keep that stuff in the locker room, especially when you have a perfect record and everything is going right for you.

16. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

o eat my butt that crap was low. i am still glad to be gone of his freaking douche bag butt even if he is back to playing excellent

17. Spanky

Spanky Special Teamer

For me Jaws is one of the more knowledgeable, and accurate of the bobble-head pundits on ESPN. But this was strictly opinion and to look at it from another perspective, Lito Shepard shut him down all game and frustration built, got into his head. It happens to all the greats who have off games, Johnson, Owens, Smith, et al..

IMO everyone needed something to sink their teeth into, so why not build the actions of 1 game out of 11 into an Enron type of fiasco??? :icon_confused:

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

damn moss and it seems TO cant get a break no matter how good of seasons they are having the media just keeps trying bring them down

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

hahahahahahahah I never said I liked the Raiders and if Moss was playing excellent why wouldn't any team want him, that's just dumb but I wouldn't worry about it, it's not like you have a QB to throw anything to him:scared: ...like my 49ers we have no QB :(

20. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

This is why you should never assume anything. Brady did not call Moss out in an interview. Brady DEFENDED Moss in an interview. I even posted a thread about it earlier this week. He basically said that no one can go 100% every single play when you call 54 pass plays like the Pats did last Sunday. Brady has said nothing but good things about Randy Moss since the trade brought him to New England.

Brady called out Dillon on the sidelines, hell he even tore TROY FREAKING BROWN a new one on the sideline during one of the Super Bowl years.