Ron Rivera Feels Panthers QB Jimmy Clausen Could Be A Starter Someday

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SRW, Jun 2, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Tom Sorenson caught up with the Jimmy after OTAs recently and he put forth what I would call typical Jimmy Clausen quotes. For all bumps and bruises from his rookie season, the demotion to 3rd string and even a bad haircut Clausen has remained almost defiant in his approach to football: "My job right now is to work as hard as I can and make myself better and just make the team overall better," Clausen says as we walk from the practice field to Bank of America Stadium. "That’s how you win championships. Each guy on the team has a role and each guy on the team does that role to 110 percent of his ability. Coach Rivera stresses every day that we need each and every guy to do his role to make this team work." You have to give the kid props for keeping his head up and not sulking like so many QB in the past have when faced with a similar demotion. In fact he seems almost unaffected by the turn of events, making it hard to get a read on what is really going on in his head. But the bigger question is can this kid be a NFL quality starter at QB? Panthers head coach Ron Rivera thinks so: "I think so," Rivera says. "I do. The kid’s got a good arm, he’s an accurate passer, he’s learned a lot, and I think if he continues to grow this season he’s going to get his opportunity."

Source: SBNation.com