Round 2 Draft Grades

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Litez0ut, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

2011 2nd Round Grades
    Patriots – Many thought the Patriots would trade the pick. Instead they decided to keep it at take the best CB available in Ras -I Dowling. Another piece to an already good young secondary. Grade A

Bills – Continuing to build up their defense the Bills added a CB/FS Aaron Williams. Nice value in the 2nd round definitely fills a need with Drayton Florence a FA. With Byrd there at FS I think he will get his shot to stay at CB unless they decide he can’t play it. Grade A

Bengals – They picked a WR in the first round and with there uncertainty at the QB position they get there guy they tried to trade up for in the first round. While I don’t think he’s ready to step in day 1 and contribute he might be a fit for Jay Grudens WCO. Grade B

49ers - 49ers taking no chances trade up a few spots and get that athletic QB Harbaugh loves. While a bit raw has more then enough tools to work with and become a good QB. Grade B

Browns – Continuing there switch to a 4-3 front they get DE Jabaal Sheard. Sheard is an explosive pass rusher who is the reigning Big East Defensive Player of the Year. He should immediately start at RE. Grade B

Cardinals – The Cardinals were in need of a RB that doesn’t fumble and they got one with Williams who hasn’t coughed up the ball in 2 years. They get a true home run threat with this pick. While durability remains a concern they couldn’t pass him up. Grade B+

Titans – The Titans in need of some LB help get one of the most versatile in the draft in Ayers. He is capable of playing all 3 LB spots in a 4-3 defense. While even putting his hand in dirt and rushing in nickel situations. A nice pick that some had as a first round talent. Grade B

Cowboys - Upgrading an area of need with an injured player. More of a value pick at this point in the draft. A boom or bust player. Will likely move inside in Dallas 3-4. Grade B

Redskins - While it fills a need for a team in need of some serious DL help. I think he will play one of the DE spots in there 3-4 defense. Solid pick at this point. Grade C

Texans - After upgrading there D-line in the first round they begin there next phase at the LB position. He is a relentless hard worker that has a non stop motor much like there first round pick. Grade A

Vikings - It sure looks like they're building for the future in Minny. First drafting a QB then adding a security blanket for the rookie QB Te Rudolph. The top rated TE should see a strong amount of playing time early and be a big help in the red zone. Grade B

Lions - Titus Young is a WR that will take away the safety help from Calvin Johnson. Nice Value here but I don't buy the Desean Jackson comparisons. Grade C.

Broncos - Even though they moved back in there trade with the 49ers. I believe they still got there guy Ball hawk FS Rahim Moore. A nice pick for a team in need of a serious defensive over haul. Grade A

Broncos - They select Tackle Orlando Franklin. While it likely feels a need because Ryan Harris there current starting right tackle isn't likely to be back I feel there was better tackles available. Grade C

Rams - Giving there Franchise QB whom they drafted last year another weapon in TE Lance Kendricks. Feels a need for a team that hasn't had a decent one in years. Grade B+

Raiders - Continuing to build a tough offensive line the Raiders got Stefen Wisniewski who should come in and start at either Guard or Center. He has what the Raiders look for in there O-lineman he plays with some nastiness. Grade B+

Colts - Continuing to protect Manning they add another likely starter to there offensive line in Benjamin Ijalana. He was a tackle in college but will likely be moved inside at the next level. Grade B

Chargers - A nice value pick here they get CB/FS tweener. Could start at Free Safety then move to the slot on third downs. A nice pick considering Eric Weddle is a FA. Grade A

Buccaneers - Possibly adding the last piece to the front 4 of there new rebuilt defense the Bucs got Da´Quan Bowers a player a few months ago that was discussed as being the #1 overall pick in the 2nd round. Nice value here. Grade A

Giants - A team that likes pass rushers they get first round value with DT Marvin Austin in the middle of the 2nd round. Another round another steal for the Gmen. Grade A

Bears - In need of a 3-tech I think Austin was there guy but the Giants took em. So they get one of the few last remaining 3-techs in Paea. He will take over for Harris who was cut at the end of the season. Grade B.

Eagles - With SS Mikell likely leaving the team they draft his replacement in Jarrett. Jarrets strong enough to play SS but has enough range to be at FS I think giving his run defending he will play SS. Grade B

Chiefs - Need to get younger at the center position get Hudson who played G in college but will likely be moved because of his small arms. Grade B+

Patriots - Needed some depth at RB I felt they reached and drafted Vereen. With Leshoure and Thomas still on the board. Grade C

Lions - Looking to form a nice 1-2 punch at RB they draft Leshoure who will be the big bruiser back to close out games for them in DET. Might have been early to go RB again but they got quality at this point. Grade B+

Ravens - In need of a WR many thought he would go to them in the first round instead they get him in the late 2nd. A nice pick for a guy that's going to stretch defenses. Grade A

Browns - In need of a player maker at the WR position they get Little who should be a good fit for new coach Shurmurs WCO he is going to run there. A nice weapon for Mccoy. Grade B

Texans - Now that the LB core and D-line got upgraded. Why not upgrade the secondary? That's exactly what they did when they took first round value CB Brandon Harris. I like the pick. Grade A

Chargers - AJ Smith strikes again. Reaching for a player that will likely be a special teams player in the 2nd round. Don't like this pick at all this early. Grade F

Dolphins - Ronnie Brown likely to leave the team and Williams not happy they go out and get Daniel Thomas a back who should help out whoever there QB is at the time. Grade B

Steelers - They get a need pick and one that will likely be there starting RT. This late in the 2nd. What can you say the Steelers are having a good draft. Grade B+

Packers - With James Jones likely to leave for free agency they go out and get his replacement this late Randall Cobb a guy that does it all. Returns kick brings more big play ability to an already explosive offense. Grade B+

Round 3s grade were lost.... I will likely post them up after I finish today's report. Feedback Damnit! :icon_evil:

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I disagree about the Bills. They picked Williams as if they had the luxury to do so, but they have so many other needs and the secondary is the strength of the defense. I'm sorry but no matter how good a secondary is, with no pass rush the coverage will break down.