Round By Round, Who Are The Steals Of This Past Draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Minez

Round 1: Kyle Wilson. Two lesser rated CB's went ahead of him. Has a diverse skill set, and if it wasnt for Revis, he would be the Jets future #1 CB. I picked him over Bryant, who is considered better value, because Wilson is a safer pick

Round 2: Charles Brown. Probobly the best pass blocking OT in the draft carried a first round grade and slipped all the way to the bottom of the second. Has alot of upside and i good enough now that he could wind up pushing Bushrod

Round 3: Damian Williams. As a WR, reminds me alot of his USC predecessor Steve Smith. Outstanding route runner could be 2010's best rookie WR. Also a great return man

Round 4: Akwasi Owusu-Ansah. Went homer in what could be a great steal round. A guy I loved pre draft, has the skill set to be an elite safety (also was a good CB prospect if whoever drafted him wanted him there) just a longer curve due to level of compition

Round 5: Ricky Sapp. At one point in time considered a possible first rounder, Sapp could be what Chris Gocong couldn't become

Round 6: Eric Olson. Bounced around too much at Notre Dame, never settled at a spot. Once he settles in at Center, he has the head and the skills to be an All Pro. Potential steal of the draft

Round 7: J'Marcus Webb. Absolute "boom/bust" type. But his "boom" is a franchise Left Tackle. Selvie was close, but its rare to find a potential franchise LT in the 7th

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

can someone move this to the draft thread

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

dwyer in the 6th man...way bigger steal than AOA was in the 4th, thats about where he was projected

Dwyer had a tremendous career at GT and carried a first round grade most of the offseason, i had him going near the top of the 3rd at the end but wouldnt have been surprised to see him get snatched up in the second

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Dwyer in 6th

4. Jihad Joe

All together now........

Round by round. Who was the biggest steal per round

And Olson is gonna be a bigger steal than Dwyer. Dwyer's gonna be lucky if he can get 150 carrys behind Mendenhall. If he was playing somewhere, maybe. But not if he is behind Mendenhall

5. K Train

dwyer will be a hot commodity in FA in 3-4 years....im saying michael turner-like

round by round....i can heck with this

Round 1-

Dez Bryant- Easy top 10 talent, not quite calvin, andre, fitz but definitely better than crabtree, edwards, ginn and other top WRs of past years

Round 2-

Jimmy Clausen- Easily the best QB in the draft, should have gone over bradford and certainly should have gone over tebow....46th overall to get the #1 QB is amazing

Round 3-

John Jerry- My third best interior lineman behind pouncey and iupati. Hes a mauler and the phins got a hell of a player on the inside

Round 4-

So many steals in round 4. Im going with Everson Griffen because i think hes a great talent and a great fit for minny. but gilyard, mike williams, al woods, and thaddeus gibson will all be studs in the NFL. Eric Norwood and Obrien Schofield are also legit second round talents

Round 5-

Perrish Cox- Ricky Sapp and Cam Thomas get honorable mentions but perrish cox is a legit #1 corner. the broncos have a great young duo with cox and alphonso smith learning behind an all time great in bailey. hes a bit of an butthole but the kid can ball

Round 6-

Dwyer and its not even close. Greg Hardy gets an honorable mention, but eric olsen=AQ shipley and will not be looked back on as a steal, hes a career backup, he just doenst have the tools to be a full time starter imo

Round 7-

George Selvie....homer pick since i have a thing for USF defenders but he got shafted, hes a good player and will be better than JPP as a pro

UDFA:

PATRICK HONEYCUTT wr MTSU...best overall player. ever

1 person likes this.
  6. Jihad Joe

Your high if you are comparing Olson to Shipley. Apples and Oranges. Olson is closer to a Gurode than he is to a Shipley. He is a brute center, and played very well despite that being playing there only a year. Had he played there hi entire college career he would have gone in the first 3 rounds

7. K Train

both are strong guys, but heavy feet and poor mobility and lateral movement kills guys like them

he doesnt have the t-rex arms like shipley but hes the same backup type player. although denver was a decent team for him to go too.

after pouncey the only good center imo was JD walton...who oddly enough is a bronco as well

8. Jihad Joe

Olson can also play OG. Olson is much more physical a blocker than Shipley. He has the ability to be the pile mover Shipley wont be. Anything positive Armando Allen did last year, he did behind Olson

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Even tho we didnt pick the same guy in any round, not much to argue with here. Good list.

I picked Wilson over Bryant in the first (and Im not gonna lie, I didnt want to look like a homer if I was going AOA in the 4th) partly due to the fact that 2 inferior players at the same position went ahead of him for no explicable reason. Thomas over Bryant is aheadstratcher even with the charator issue's, but Thomas also has ungodly physical skill. Could have been a top 10 pick if he went to Ohio State

9. K Train

im surprised you didnt go with jimmy at 46....that could be an all time steal imo

10. Jihad Joe

Completely slipped my mind honestly. I think Brown is a massive steal, but Claussen trumps him

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Round 1: Okung, he should have been drafted by the Lions/Skins/Chiefs.
    Round 2: Clausen, best QB in the draft.
    Round 3: D. Williams, IMO the most NFL ready WR.
    Round 4: Schofield, the man was a pass rushing monster and had he not tore up his knee, was a fringe first rounder. Griffen was close but I don't like him all that much as a prospect.
    Round 5: Cam Thomas, he was considered a 2-3 round true NT prospect.
    Round 6: Anthony Dixon, I chose him over Dwyer because I don't like Dwyer as a prospect.
    Round 7: Jeff Owens, the dude is a powerful presence inside and should benefit from playing next to Cole.

12. 1st:
    Dez Bryant
    the pick is obvious for the reasons stated above.

2nd:
    Golden Tate
    a true game breaker who sees the field like a RB.

3rd:
    John Jerry
    A great interior linemen. He was nothing short of fantastic at the senior bowl.

4th:
    Everson Griffen
    guy has a ton of talent but an inconsistent motor.

5th:
    Perrish Cox
    the postseason stuff really hurt him.

6th:
    Anthony Mccoy
    a great TE who was one of the best blocking TE in the draft.

7th:
    Dekoda Watson
    Guy is really athletic and was projected alot higher than this.

UDFA:
    Blair White
    I was a huge fan of this guy. He does the little things right and is easy to root for.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Oh I forgot UDFA. I will go Vince Oghobaase.

14. HateSteel

HateSteel Stray Dawg

Colt McCoy in the 3rd round to Cleveland. I guess I was the only one still watching at that point.

15. you do realize your team views him as a long term backup right? Don't get me wrong he was my 3rd choice for steal but he doesn't come as close to other picks.

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The thing is, when I think of a steal of a draft pick, I usually pick a guy who has talent and will actually have something in an NFL career. McCoy reminds me of Kyle Orton.

17. You can't really bash Orton too much. He isn't a franchise QB but he has been an NFL starting QB for 3 years in a 5 year career.

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He has been an average starting QB, who shouldn't be more than a backup. That isn't mush of a steal in a draft.

19. oh no doubt I'm not saying he is a steal I'm merely saying he isn't a bust.

20. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I never said he or McCoy was a bust, but neither was a steal because McCoy isn't anything more than a career backup, which is not a steal.