Russ Grimm A Candidate To Become Panthers Head Coach In 2011?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Head Coach John Fox is expected to leave the Carolina Panthers at the end of the season and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter believes Arizona Cardinals offensive line coach Russ Grimm could be at the top of the Panthers' list to replace Fox. Grimm has the support of Joe Gibbs and the Richardsons have always admired the Pittsburgh Steelers organization. Grimm was a former Steelers offensive line coach.

Source: TheRedZone.org

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
  2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Bullcrap!

3. how can you call anything Schefter reports as bullcrap. Especially considering u didn't give a reason as to why it was bullcrap.

4. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Bullcrap because we don't need a no-name like Russ Grimm to bring back the fans we've lost this year. We already have a decent OL. We need a Head Coach that's good with QBs and RBs. Expand on our strengths.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

:tsk:

If that's what you think of Russ Grimm, you deserve Garrett like you want.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm not sure if he would be a good head coach or not, but it's sad to me that Russ Grimm is called a no-name.

7. Grimm is a Hall of Famer......I certainly wouldn't call him a "no-name" based on that alone.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

No crap Russ Grimm was a beast

I call bullcrap on starkillers football knowledge

9. someone please tell me he is joking.

Russ Grimm a no-namer? haha lol lmao

Grimm:

hall of fame OG, all decade player, played for the famed redskin line known as the hogs. He helped coach the steelers to the super bowl and that line as been mostly mediocre or worse without him. he is currently the butt. coach of the cards. All that was just off the top of my head. No namer my butt. Geez what a joke.

10. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

OK, so Grimm's not a no-name player. Doesn't actually make him the right fit for Carolina.

11. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Many people believed Mike Smith wasn't a good fit for Atlanta going through what we went through.....things look like they're turning out okay here.

Look, you don't always need the big name, sometimes you need a guy that's going to come in and stabilize the franchise. You're 1-10, hell, when all is said and done, you may end up 1-15, Russ Grimm has been part of a Super Bowl Winning organization and another one that has reached it, I think it's time he gets a look.

12. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Look in the Bible, and try to find any mention of Adam Schefter anywhere.

13. Omen

Do you read listen to NFL news on tv radio telegram etc

Adam track record is pretty spot on time and time again proof is in the pudding

14. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

.......as a matter of fact ignore my last post, go ahead and get Garrett.....we already have to deal with the Bucs and Saints in the division, would be nice not to have to worry about the Panthers anymore...

15. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Whatever, guys. I'm just pissed the Screw off because my team is a freaking joke right now.

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Knock knock

17. Omen

I'll play

Who's there

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Guys leave the 13 year old alone. Remember this was the same kid who said big Ben for Gross. Grimm is a hard nosed coach that would get the team playing diciplined football. It would be perfect for the Panthers, maybe not to Blazer there but in general.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

And Adam Schefter is the hands down best reporter in the business.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Grimm's was not a no-name on the field or as recently as a coach. He's been a candidate for a head coach position for a few years now. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a good one, but he's gonna get a shot somewhere...