Saints Covet Steve Spagnuolo For Defensive Coordinator?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Jan 15, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With every day that passes, it seems another team gets mentioned as a potential landing spot for Steve Spagnuolo. On Friday, it was reported that the Vikings have interest in Spagnuolo and earlier in the week, there were reports that the Falcons had him high on their list. Today, ESPN's Adam Schefter adds a new team to the mix: the New Orleans Saints. Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is expected to join Jeff Fisher in St. Louis. New Orleans finished 28th in total defense, according to Football Outsiders. The Saints, whose season ended with a 36-32 loss to the 49ers yesterday, allowed 21.2 points per game (13th) during the regular season.

Source:
    Philly.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

That would be huge for the Saints...

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

At this point Steve can name his price.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Eagles, Saints, Giants, who else has he been linked to?

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

any team would like to have spags as dc

6. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

I think that Spags would be an excellent addition to the Saints.

7. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Would be a power move for the Saints, i think clear out some of the space eaters and get them rushing the QB with 4. What a great compliment to that offense they'd be.

8. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Spags is an awesome defensive coordinator. He would work wonders with that D.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Screw off, Saints.

10. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

is he that good of a DC? not really familiar with him. got to be better than Williams. Thought Williams was a good DC but not too sure now.

11. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

You can cross the Giants off his list, unless Fewell lands a head coaching job somewhere else.

12. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Screw yes Buck! He's a pretty damn near perfect D Coord for the Saints if you ask me. I hope this actually happens, freaking drop Greg Williams as fast as possible.

I am excited, I hope this actually happens.

13. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

wow, I feel better. maybe things are looking up. this was one hecked up weekend.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Screw the Eagles. Sign this mother hecker NOW! Don't let the Saints nab him up.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

a better head coach would can juan castillo and hire this guy immediately. but ..........