Saints DT John Jenkins Primed For Big Role In Year 2

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by spstromain, Jun 13, 2014.

1. spstromain

spstromain Starter

When the New Orleans Saints selected John Jenkins in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft, they knew exactly what they were getting: A larger than life package full of athleticism, strength, stature and run-stuffing ability. The former University of Georgia nose tackle put together a pair of impressive seasons in Athens after transferring in from Mississippi’s Gulf Coast Community College, and cut the figure of an ideal young prospect to plug right into the middle of a 3-4 defense. The Saints were in the midst of a shift to a base 3-4 under newly-appointed defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, and Jenkins ticked the boxes […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Our defensive line has the chance to be insanely good. And all are so young. Being an LSU fan I have seen Jenkins up close and wanted him to be drafted by my Saints when coming out and it happened. You are right, when he got the chance to shine he did. I was surprised he was replaced by Bunkley but I am not a coach so who know's why that happened. Don't know if the torn pectoral muscle can become a problem or if once it heals there won't be any more issues.

3. spstromain

spstromain Starter

Yea im an LSU guy too...still wish Hicks could have played.

Buck Fenson likes this.