Saints GM Mickey Loomis Tried To Cover Up Team's Bounty Program

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Mar 3, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Don Banks of SI.com reports Saints general manager Mickey Loomis, according to the NFL's internal investigation and report, tried to cover up the existence of the team's bounty program, first denying any knowledge of it to the league when the NFL looked into the allegations in 2010, and then promising to dismantle and discontinue such a program if he found such evidence. The league's report contains four very damning sentences regarding Loomis' response to the Saints' bounty fund: "When informed earlier this year of the new information, Mr. Benson advised league staff that he had directed his general manager, Mickey Loomis, to ensure that any bounty program be discontinued immediately. The evidence shows that Mr. Loomis did not carry out Mr. Benson's direction. Similarly, when the initial allegations where discussed with Mr. Loomis in 2010, he denied any knowledge of a bounty program and pledged that he would ensure that no such program was in place. There is no evidence that Mr. Loomis took any effective action to stop these practices.'' From our standpointpoint that is a fireable offense.

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

lol this keeps getting worse...the Saints are hecked and I am pissed.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Can't fire him before he gets the Brees deal done can ya? lol...

4. Dragonite

IF he gets a brees deal done. Maybe we should fire him and hire someone who will actually pay Brees.

5. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

I Think that loomis is gonna be the scapegoat for all the problems in new orleans.peyton may get suspended,there may be some assisstant coaches that were involved who may get fired and suspended,but i think the league suspends greg williams about a year.The Skins may get fined,but i doubt it goes beyond that.

6. Dragonite

The NFL said Williams would be fined and not suspended

7. TideRedskinslunatic

I Think that if the commish DOES NOT suspend williams a few games,he'll look just that much weaker to the players in the nfl. he said that he'd hold the front offices of every nfl team to a higher standard than he would the players,just fining him will not send that message to the players in any way at all!

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I call tid-li-winks on the whole situation

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

9. Dragonite

Yes, well he already said Williams would not be suspended.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He also said no real punishment will be decided until the owner's meetings.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

As more of this crap comes out I don't see how there wouldn't be some kind of suspension.

12. TideRedskinslunatic

If he does'nt suspend him,you are gonna hear a lot of the players calling him out in the media.he does'nt need all that pressure,and football does'nt either!

13. Dragonite

And as more news comes out, the more I realize Gregg is hecked.

14. TideRedskinslunatic

As big as this has gotten,i bet he suspends him no matter what anybody else has said,he has no choice really! peyton may not get suspended,but i bet loomis and williams do.

15. TideRedskinslunatic

all the writers and former pro players on ESPN today said that the league will suspend coaches,especially greg williams,to a year suspension.they compared it to 50 years ago when alex karras and paul horning got suspended a year for gambling.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's tough.

I heard Payton, Loomis, Williams and players could all be out for a half season...

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Take the 1st round pick...

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

^^^ [MENTION=802]Crowned[/MENTION]. Loving it...

19. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

They traded the pick last year for Ingram. Maybe take next years' pick

20. TideRedskinslunatic

I Think that they will be hit with a huge fine,loomis and williams will get a year suspension,peyton maybe a month,and players a month.they may also retract the saints from using a franchise tag next season too.