Saints Likely To Keep RB Reggie Bush On Their Roster?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Feb 13, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The New Orleans Saints will likely keep RB Reggie Bush on the roster for next season despite his salary of $8 million in 2010. The Saints will likely talk to Bush about reworking his contract to include an extension. The Saints probably can't strong-arm Bush into taking a pay cut, because he isn't afraid of being released into free agency and a trade doesn't make much sense, because no other team would value Bush more than the Saints do.

Source: The Times-Picayune

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Where are we at in the Mario Williams v. Reggie Bush debate now?

3. The Texans got lynched pretty good after selecting Williams over Bush. GM Charlie Casserly left the Texans about two months after the '06 draft.

That Williams kid turned out okay imo. :icon_wink:

4. rebelwr88

rebelwr88 Rookie

Bush ended up on a much better team obviously, but Williams has proven worthy of the top pick

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

this just in....mario williams is pretty overrated

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

But far little less overrated than Mr. Kardashian

7. K Train

people know why bush is though.....he was really hyped but everyone knows and understands his role.

everyone gets so excited whenever williams gets more than 5 sacks in a season

8. Jihad Joe

Williams has almost 40 career sacks and had a down year of 9 this year. He's averaging almost 12 sacks a season the last 3 years, he's one of the better pass rushers in the game

9. K Train

well no crap, hes a solid end but as far as the debate goes what does it matter? bush has 28 career TDs, which is more than laurence maroney and only like 4 less than addai whos a full time starter

mario=one of the better pass rushers
    reggie-one of the better receivers out wide, out of the backfield....period

10. Jihad Joe

The thing with Reggie is that he is doing basically something that a 3rd round pick or later should be doing. This year he finally seemed able to hit gear in the NFL, he isnt doing anything more than what Sproles is doing or what Fred Jackson is doing. Its alot harder to pull a Mario Williams out of your butt than a Reggie Bush

11. K Train

sproles and jackson are an insulting comparison....ive ALWAYS said bush should be a WR but hes got the ego of a RB, but hes an incredibly talented reciever....and has really come on as a physical runner lately.

i really think both get more credit than they deserve, if im going back and taking a player first overall in 2006 his name would be haloti ngata and its not even close

12. Jihad Joe

Sproles maybe insulting, but I would rather have Jackson. Bush is a nice role player, but I think thats all he is gonna be in the NFL. When he came out I said he was tne next Eric metcalf, and the funny thing is he cant even hold Metcalfs jock

The 2006 first round for as hyped as it was turned into an epic crap sandwhich. I would defiantly take Ngata #1 too

13. rebelwr88

rebelwr88 Rookie

there are only a handful of backs i would rather have than Bush, and none i would have more than PT. Payton uses both backs extremely well and has a trophy to show for it