Saints QB Drew Brees Paying For Players Workouts

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, May 4, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Drew Brees is not only organizing the New Orleans Saints' lockout-drive player-led workouts, he's also paying for them. Brees told the New Orleans Times-Picayune that he's paying for most of the expenses incurred by the players' workouts this week at Tulane University. He's coordinated the roughly 40 teammates who went to New Orleans for the practices. He brought in trainers, helped younger teammates with expenses hired the Tulane land and staff to help run it. He even brought his wife, Brittany, to be what he told the paper was like a "team mom" who's distributing "Capri Suns and cookies after workouts."

Source: USAToday

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Good to see him taking the leadership role to the level of helping the team get to working. LOL @ him having Brittany hand out capri suns and cookies, if that's really what she's giving out.

3. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Good stuff from Brees.

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

WTF? No orange slices?

5. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Brees is in class all by himself.

6. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Have to feel great if this what your leader is doing

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Glad we got him. That is what a real leader does.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Orange slices were da bomb after games

Good going drew

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Top notch by Brees...top notch.

10. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I agree get on that crap Drew get dat snitch to hand out orange slices. But good job man you truly are the stand alone leader of a team in the NFL.

11. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Drew Brees is a damn good leader. The more I hear about him the more he becomes my favorite football player ever. Class act.

12. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Restoring my faith that all football players are not, in fact, dumbasses.

13. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

last weekend i was talking to eric parker's (former charger wr) dad and asked him if he knew brees. dude had some stories to tell....brees and parker still hang when he's in SD. he also said when eric came to SD as a rookie he was broke as hell (along with other rookies). brees and flutie took them under their wing until they got paid. hopefully i put the wheels in motion to meet drew next time he's here :-)

14. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Without a doubt, this guy is a class act. I really didn't get to meet him during his book signing here, considering there were SOO many people in so little time, but just hearing these stories makes you feel good about the team you root for with a leader as dedicated as that. For so long, Saints didn't have much to look forward to .. and now its great to see all this falling into place. Brees deserves every penny of his contract, and then some.

15. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

^ When he was in SD he use to go to local Foster homes and boys clubs and give away free tickets.

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Good ole Texas dude.....

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

17. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

that is the type of guy you want representing your franchise. Benson better step up and pay him. You won't see him smiling after an interception.