Saints QB Drew Brees Says NFL Is 'Out Of Control'

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Oct 14, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Drew Brees has been critical of the process that has led to the Saints bounty suspensions at the outset. He has lost his head coach, general manager, and two defensive teammates to an NFL suspension process that many people still question.

Brees hasn't let up on his criticism.

"I don't believe this process has been executed fairly from the beginning," Brees told Doug Farrar of Yahoo Sports. "I feel that there have been biased opinions this entire time, and I think there's an agenda at play here, I feel that there's ego and arrogance involved as well. I feel that there are some personal issues, beyond the facts. I don't believe many of these decisions were based on facts -- certainly not credible information. This is based on speculation, rhetoric, and the testimony of two pretty unreliable sources."

"So, that part really disappoints me, and I'll say this in all honesty," he added. "As a guy who's been in the league for 12 years, I have seen a lot. From an experienced player's perspective, the NFL seems a little out of control right now, in the way it's being conducted and run from the top on down. When you look at the way this replacement referee situation was handled through the first four games ... it wasn't until a game was actually lost [by the wrong team, in Seattle's 14-12 "win" over the Green Bay Packers]. And the amazing thing was, the NFL actually came out and backed the call made by the referee, when everybody in America -- fans and players, except for maybe Seattle fans and Seattle players -- would sit there and tell you that was an interception. 'I don't care when the rule says' -- maybe you'd better change the rule, then. Because if every player in the NFL, and every fan in the NFL, knows that it was an interception, and you're backing the call that says it wasn't, maybe we need to change the rule. Or, it's just a lack of accountability."

"I've found that throughout this [bounty] process, as well -- there's been a real lack of leadership and a lack of accountability. from the top down."

Source: The Redzone

2. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

and if they had audio of a team saying they needed to cart Brees off the field he would be leading the charge against that team saying everyone involved needed to be suspended.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

nah. that is football. it is a violent sport no matter how pussified you want to make it. That is the name of the game. To get the other teams' best players off the field in order to make it easier to win the game.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Something of this magnitude should have more "authority" involved besides Roger Goodell as the "final say."

5. Buck Fenson

fo shizzle

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Brees is a favorite but I'm getting kinda tired hearing him up on his soap box so much.

Wait till your career is over to get into the politics of it all...

7. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

And then, if he shys away from the question .. he gets blasted for that. He's simply standing up for his team, friends, teammates. this won't go away, and Goodell won't ever judge ANYONE fairly.

8. Tarkus

Better to be blasted for not being led into quotes IMO. He doesn't need to be the NFL players bodyguard.

Brees has said everything there is to say a dozen different ways. Besides, he's becoming the media's unofficial 'spokesman' for all that wrong in the NFL.

I just want to watch him on the field on Sundays & not so much on the pulpit during the week...

9. Buck Fenson

he is respected enough to be the unofficial spokesman for the players. Just saw on the news tonight that the NFL calls itself a non profit organization so it don't pay taxes.

10. Tarkus

Yea, he's respected enough...

Just that I don't need a breakdown from anyone to see how hecked up sports in general is nowadays. I'm just in it for the football...or whatever's left of it.

11. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Since none of the revenue of the NFL itself goes to shareholders and it wasn't organized to make a profit that makes sense.

12. Buck Fenson

I guess that since RG is continuing his spiel on the bounty crap Brees has his rebuttle in honor of the election year. And as far as the shareholders there are none. That tax break needs to go. Over 40 million lost per year. There is some politician somewhere that can spend that money.