Saints QB Drew Brees Won't Report To Camp Without A Long-Term Deal

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Not sure how this makes Brees look greedy. He's played for $10 Million a year for 6 seasons. He's broke records. He's led this team to their first ever NFC Title game, then won it a couple years later, then the Super Bowl Title. Superbowl MVP. Broke Marino's record. Oh, not to mention the numerous of times he has helped this city since being there. Or the fact he paid money out of his own pocket last season during the lock out to have his team together to practice.

I think Brees is worth the money he's asking for. New Orleans hit the jackpot with him.

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he should have taken his talents to south beach when he had the chance

3. Chipper10

That was pretty much on Saban, to be honest.

But, Brees knew he could make a difference in New Orleans. He has. He will get paid, I just wish they'd get this done..

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

How it makes him look greedy is if he sticks to his guns on 750,000 a year. I am not saying that he isn't worth the money. The Saints offered him a contract to make him the highest paid player, until the next person gets a contract, at close to 20 mill a year. He wants more. True he went down on his price more than the Saints increased their offer. So he is trying to look out for the team. And the more I am typing the more I am talking myself into thinking he is in the right. Soooooooo........saying all that I see a deal getting done on monday by 3 pm.

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

this was posted on a Saints message board...kind of puts it in perspective

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

brees just signed, 5 years 100 million with 60 million guaranteed.

ca ching$

7. Chipper10

WOOHOO! Done Deal!

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

KA motherfreaking Ching!!