Saints RB Aaron Stecker Gets His Chance To Shine

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Saintsfan1972, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Remember when Aaron Stecker's job was in jeopardy when the New Orleans Saints traded up to draft running back Antonio Pittman in the fourth round in April?

Stecker does.

"I've always believed in my abilities even though you hear that people doubt it," Stecker said. "Coming in this year, a lot of you guys (the media) thought that I wouldn't be around. I've never looked at that. I always just control what I can do."

Never being a No. 1 running back for Tampa Bay or New Orleans during his eight seasons in the league, Stecker honed his skills as an overall football player and waited for a chance.

As the Saints make a push for a spot in the playoffs, they'll need his tailback talents now more than ever with the injuries to Deuce McAllister and now Reggie Bush. Stecker proved vital in the Saints' win in Atlanta on Monday night.

The eight-year veteran was the Saints' most potent runner this season, and rushed for 100 yards on 20 carries to help defeat the Falcons.

"I think any time when you are sitting back and waiting for an opportunity, I've been waiting my whole career and sometimes you wished it would happen sooner rather than later, but it has happened," Stecker said. "I'm going to try to take full advantage of it."

MORE

2. DrunkBomber

DrunkBomber Rally Rex

I dont see how he wouldnt get an opportunity now. However, I see Brees getting about 50 pass attempts per game the rest of the way.

3. LTF

LTF Bitter NFL-Fans Vet

Say 'welcome back' to those 400 yard passing games Brees was putting up constantly last year now with Bush and Mccalister gone..