Saints RB Mike Bell Could Win The Starting Job?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Sep 13, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Word is Saints RB Mike Bell has a legitimate chance to overtake Pierre Thomas as the team's primary rusher. If one player has the hot hand, head coach Sean Payton will likely stick with him, and with Thomas nursing a knee injury, he could fall behind Bell in the early going.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

Mike Bell had a hell of a game last Sunday. That was the best running by a Saints running back I've seen since Deuce McAllister was healthy (2006). :icon_cool:

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It was against the Lions. I would wait to see consistency before jumping ship.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Touche'.

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

and the dude fumbles, no way does he take the starting job. NONE

6. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

The most amzing thing is that we are talking about the number 1 RB on a team with Bush. Who would of thought this back when Bush was drafted

7. mike oxlong

I did, I always said that Bush was a 3rd down/change of pace back with injury question? in a league with guys that would destroy him.

8. bergybones

well you are the exception to the rule then Mike. most were amazed he didnt go number 1 in that draft. I know I believed the hype after watching him play ND.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

x2

10. bergybones

Just going to throw this out there, but I guarantee I hear more people say they thought he would be a bust then actually did.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yea. I said I liked Williams out of that draft, as well as Cutler.

12. mike oxlong

Well people that know me know that I have been saying that about Bush since before he was drafted. His play to me never translated on a full scale to the NFL. I thought Bush had his place, but not as #2 overall.

13. bergybones

The comment wasnt focused on you, just saying now that I posted it I bet everyone comes out of the woodworks saying they knew he would be a bust which I highly doubt is true. I think the masses thought he was going to be a great back. Hell I am even willing to admit that and I hate USC.

14. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

Don't worry Eagles fans, you'll get your chance on Sunday. :icon_cheesygrin:

As for jumping ship, who's jumping ship? I am just commenting on the great game that Mike Bell had in Week 1.

15. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It was in reference to the article saying Bell over Thomas. The part about the Lions was for you leeman. It was a great game but look who it was against.

16. mike oxlong

mike bell had a great game against one of the worst rush defenses of the modern era. He also fumbled. There is ZERO chance that he becomes the starter. ZERO

17. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

The Saints share the ball a lot. I expect both Thomas & Bell to get plenty of touches.

Saints Coach Sean Payton on how will the split be impacted when Thomas comes back: