Saints RBs Chris Ivory, Mark Ingram At Full Speed As Camp Opens

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Jul 26, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

James Varney, The Times-Picayune reports that both Mark Ingram and Chris Ivory participated fully in practice and looked strong. "It was always my goal to show up for training camp healthy," Ingram said, pronouncing himself at, "100 percent. I'm back running fast and cutting at full speed. I feel good." Ingram said the coaches have not imposed any limits on him at practice. "We'll take it as it goes, but I felt good today and took all the reps," he said. Ivory's brief NFL career has been punctuated by impressive bursts of speed and power but also a bevy of injuries. He opened the 2011 campaign on the physically unable to perform list recovering from foot and sports hernia surgery. In his rookie year, when he led the team in rushing and ranked fourth in the NFL in yards per carry, Ivory was hampered by a hamstring and then a foot injury.

Source: The Times-Picayune

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Ivory runs too hard for his own good at times. He runs angry. People are saying he may be trade bait but I hope not. I think he is better in short yardage than Ingram. He hardly ever goes backwards.

3. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Definitely good news. Though, I think Ingram is the best short yardage back. Dude is a beast. And not many times he's gonna go backward. If he can stay healthy .. he's legit.

4. Buck Fenson

that is where we disagree. I remember that first game when he got stuffed. I don't think Ivory got stuffed like that. Ingram ran up the back of his blockers. Don't remember if it was for a first down or a touchdown. I think it was for a touchdown. As far as an all around back, Ingram is better. But I think Thomas is a better back for blitz pickup and catching the ball out of the backfield. I believe that if our running back corp didn't get decimated the year before Ingram wouldn't be a Saint.

5. Chipper10

It was for a touchdown. First game, rookie RB. Yeah he got stuffed. Doesn't happen often, though. You have to look at his runs prior. He was the leading rusher before he got hurt last season. Dude is a monster. And that's taking nothing away from Ivory or Pierre. Though, I like Ingram and Ivory better than Pierre. But, somewhere..something has to give. 4 RBs?

6. Buck Fenson

Ivory, during his rookie season led the Saints and was 4th in the NFL in rushing before he got hurt. But he runs too hard, if you can do such a thing. His style of running means he will have a bigger chance to get hurt. And besides, you like Ingram only because he went to Alabama so there. :)

7. Chipper10

No. That's not the only reason I like Ingram. It may be the reason you don't like him. I think the better all around backs are Ingram and Ivory. We'll never know becuase neither are going to carry the bulk load with 4 RBs in that stable. Ingram's catching is underrated out of the backfield.

8. Buck Fenson

just joking with you man. it is hard because you are a Saints fan but a Bama fan. That NC game still sticks in my craw.

9. Chipper10

Lol. I know. I know. Im not taking it wrong. The fact that you like those Bayou Bengals is hard for me, too. But, both RBs are good. They both deserve the chance to show that.

10. Buck Fenson

I know. But that is a good problem to have. One of them has to be trade bait. And unfortunately it will be Ivory. Pierre just got a new contract, and Ingram is new. And Sproles will be going nowhere. Shame but someone will be getting a good back. I knew when Ivory was a rookie and saw him at practice busting tackles he was the real deal. Other backs were half stepping but he was like a bull.

11. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

as long as one of them is 100% healthy the last quarter of the season...i'll be happy

12. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I have always loved Ivory I hope the Saints don't trade him but I am sure they will.

13. Buck Fenson

for some reason our backs always seem to get hurt. they need to keep all four if they want to make a Super Bowl run.