Saints Trade Up, Take WR Brandin Cooks In 1st Round

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by spstromain, May 8, 2014.

1. spstromain

spstromain Starter

After agreeing to a trade with the Arizona Cardinals in order to move up in the first round, the New Orleans Saints selected Oregon State receiver Brandin Cooks with the 20th overall pick. Cooks, who does not turn 21 until late September, will join Sean Payton’s squad with a chance to play a significant role […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Bizarre pick IMO. Trading up to get a guy whose role is only ever going to be, at best, a complementary secondary receiver, and who probably would have been available at their pick or close...I just cant see the sense behind it.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I am with you on that. When it was announced that there was a trade I thought possibly it was for a corner, since the draft was "loaded" with receivers. Then it was announced a receiver and who it was I was like

[​IMG]

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

c**k blocked the Eagles.

5. spstromain

spstromain Starter

i kinda had the same reaction at first buck. think it's a good move though. seems like he and shazier were two guys they wanted to move up for, and seemed obvious cooks was the guy after pittsburgh took shazier. im just glad they went corner in the 2nd. wanted SJB or mcgill and we got one of them.

6. Buck Fenson

He probably will be a good fit for the Saints. I just don't know about the small size of him able to hold up consistently to the hits he will receive. I see him as a Reggie Bush, when he was with us, good for a quick burst but the supposedly big plays were not there. I just thought the drop off from the first round corners and second round and beyond corners were more of an issue than the drop off between the first and second round receivers. I saw the "highlights" they showed of SJB at either the combine or pro day and he couldn't cover at all when he played off. Even when he was manned up, the receiver went across his face and the pass was completed. I believe that the only thing he has going for him is his size. Anyway, they came out of this draft with what they were looking for but they went at it differently than I thought. I hope they both prove me wrong but I feel this was not as good a draft as it could have been.

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

In Loomis I Trust

8. Buck Fenson

I know you trust in Loomis, as so do I, but do you think they should have switched the position they drafted? Corner in the first and receiver in the second?

9. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Bottom Line.. I hate when you're right... but if he's the next Steve Smith, or D-Jax
    then Loomis and Peyton will look like guru's.

Buck Fenson likes this.