Saints Will Allow OG Carl Nicks To Leave Via Free Agency

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Jan 15, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Saints G Carl Nicks is “expected to leaveâ€￾ New Orleans in the coming weeks. Nicks will be a free agent during the offseason but considering the number of big name free agents that the Saints will have to address, Nicks appears to be the player Saints are willing to let go. The real key to the Saints offseason will be QB Drew Brees who will most likely get a huge contract but any money that the Saints can save on him will help them retain some of their weapons. Nicks will be especially difficult to keep on a long-term deal because the Saints have already paid huge money for Jahri Evans and Nicks is viewed as one of the very best guards in football. Retaining Nicks on a one-year deal would be ideal, but it won’t be possible unless Brees’ contract is worked out quickly.

Source: NFL Trade Rumors

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  2. SRW

Hey, Mike Reinfeldt? Make this guy the first guy you fly in and don't let him leave Tennessee until he inks his signature on the dotted line.

3. Nicks with Chris Snee would be the best OG tandem in football..............:icon_cool:

4. SRW

I just want that bum Jake Scott run out of town.

5. bossco

bossco Rookie

He would be a great addition to already a good line in SF. Snyder to center and nicks at rg.

Droid x. 49ers

6. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I wish he could be a Lions, but I don't think we have even close the cap room to sign a guy like that. shame, but someone is going to be VERY happy with this F/A singing.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Bears?

8. I think the Cowboys makes the most sense to me...............

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

with ward taking a paycut or getting cut, same with hampton, smith retiring, and farrior likely to not be back....this could be lovely, i wanted him in the draft that year as a RT but i had no idea hed be such a monster, i cant believe theyd let him go. i know they paid evans big but the reason they do SO MUCH of what they do on offense is because of their crushingly dominant interior line

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd be happy with this. Very happy.

11. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I think he would be a monster help to any team that gets him.

12. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Message to JJ hVe your guy there at midnight when FA begins sign him immediately no questions ask.