Saints Would Consider Alabama RB Mark Ingram At No. 24 Overall

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I have to disagree. At one time, you're right. But now? Everyone's figured Reggie out, for the most part. I did believe Reggie was going #1 to Houston, but never thought he would be dominant.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I have had a front row seat to Bush's career. You only see the highlights on ESPN. He had the Barry syndrom. Give up yards to make yards. Even my mom called Bush" Backwards Bush" for a long time. Sure he makes the defense know where he is and the offense did get a little stagnant when Bush was out earlier in his career but we have the weapons now to counter that. He makes a better receiver than true running back. If he makes a committment to doing that then his stock will rise again. Teams know how to play him now. Bottle him up in the backfield and don't fall for any jukes. Get him out on the edge and he will run it out of bounds for you. Every once in a while he will lower his shoulder and power over someone. It is who he is and I don't think that kind of player is worth the money. But someone will pay it. And I don't think he can just go anywere and suceed. I hope he will restructure and stay.

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTubW_dGFXk&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - reggie bush 46 yard td run against cardinals in playoff game[/ame]

that is what I think of when I think of Reggie Bush. Guy is dynamic when he's healthy. If we get rid of him it will come back and bite us in the butt. Wasn't more than 2 years ago saints fans were saying Bush was the answer to the Saints prayers. Two years later you want to get rid of him? Come on, he's a DAMN good player.

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

P.S. I watched that live.

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Problem is that it's all he is, a highlight reel. In between those plays is a guy who isn't a workhorse, can't run inside, can't break tackles and isn't efficient. He may crank out a nice kick return, then follow it up with 5 carries of -5 yards.

Bush is a bit part player who is getting paid like a top five running back, which is certainly isn't. Mark Ingram would be much more valuable to the Saints than Bush is IMO.

Oh, and 2006 is not two years ago :)

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Dragonite, do you have Direct TV or something? Like I said I have watched every game. Once in a while he will have a very good game but it is few and far between. Bush is a decent player but not 11 million dollars worth. Here is Bush's average:

12 games a year, 105 carries a season for about 500 yards and 3 touchdowns
    12 games a year, 40 catches a season for a little less than 600 yards and 2 touchdowns and averages 2 lost fumbles.

When you see it like that can you tell me seriously he is a top 5 back? I like bush and he was good for the offense earlier in his career. Not now.