Saints WR Marques Colston Out Four Weeks With Broken Collarbone

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Saints wide receiver Marques Colston (broken collarbone) will miss roughly four weeks, Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports. Colston's absence raises the value of Robert Meachem and Devery Henderson for the next month or so, and the same is true for Lance Moore (groin) whenever he returns. If there's a silver lining here, it might be that the time off should result in less strain on his knee, hopefully allowing him to be in better shape around midseason than he otherwise would be.

Source: RotoWire.com

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2011
  2. Tough break for New Orleans......at least it's not a season ending injury.

Gotta snag Henderson off waivers........have to drop James Starks though.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
  3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

He's becoming the bob sanders of wr's....lol. we'll be ok with henderson, meachem, and lance moore coming back next week.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

5. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Yeah. Huge loss, but I think we will be just fine. Graham. Moore. Henderson. Meachem. Oh, and that Sproles fella. Saints will be fine.

6. Saintsfan1972

I have doubts about the out 4 weeks part.....I'm guessing longer

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't know if I'd agree with it being a HUGE loss, it's gonna hurt, but the Saints have more than enough weapons to go to in Meachem, Henderson, Moore (when he's back,) Sproles, Graham...

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Im with Ward. Its a tough break but I wouldn't say huge. Bress is an elite QB. He'll be able to get it done with whoever the Saints put out there.

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Great I play against Brees and Meachem this weekend.

10. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Only four weeks to come back from a fractured collarbone? Hooray for science.

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

got to have a high pain threshold.four weeks is kinda quick.

12. Buck Fenson

He will be missed more than people think. He is most reliable receiver. close between moore and colston but when you really need a first down colston is the man. even moore is questionable for the game. so we could be looking at devery and meachem starting. I like them as big play guys but not the little move the chain stuff that you need to do.

13. Saintsfan1972

Hopefully Graham steps up and takes that "move the chains" role.

14. Buck Fenson

but teams can contain him if he is only one to do short yardage. I know sproles is good at that but we need another receiver signed. I like our receivers from 1-4 but arrington really haven't shown me much in preseason or real games to give me confidence in him making the important catch in critical times in games.