Saints WR Robert Meachem Working With First Team

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by 86WARD, Aug 6, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Brett Martel, of The Associated Press, reports New Orleans Saints WR Robert Meachem has been working with the first-team offense in training camp. Meachem is also gaining confidence as he enters his third season. Meachem said, "This year they're going to get to see a first-round draft pick. The last two years, that's been somebody else." Wide receivers coach Curtis Johnson said, "I'm seeing him run now. Before, he was measuring his steps and thinking too much. Now he's starting to play and react and - wow - he's looking pretty good."

Source: FootballGuys.com

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

possible third year guy breaking out. hmmmmm

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I thought he was going to light it up last year. I took him with the last pick in my fantasy draft...obviously, he never panned out. Maybe I'll try again this year. He's got a good chance at getting some time with Colston and Moore coming off of surgeries...and the fact that anything "Drew Brees" is pretty good...

4. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

When I read this the first thing that jumped in my head is they were trying to build the guy up for a trade.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

And Im stil thinking we are building Carpenter up......hmmmm

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

watch out for that sean payton/cowboys connection

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ya, but Payton wasnt here when Carpenter was.

Ive been pimping that trade all offseason. Its a fit/fit. NO is deep at WR, not so much at LB, Dallas other way around. Carpenter is a better fit in a 4-3 and has the talent to be a Pro Bowl level LBer

A trade I thought would have made since is a straight swap with a conditional pick on both sides based on perfomance, say in the even one turns into a stud and the other flop, ranging from a 6th to a 2nd

Say Carpenter has 120 tackles and Meachem catch's 10 pass's. You guys would get a 6th from us and we would get a 2nd from you. Vice versa if Carpenter has 20 tackles and Meachem catch's like 70 pass's

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

that would be a terrible trade rape imo, meachem is gonna be a stud

9. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

I'm not ready to call Meachem a stud, but why would the Saints want to trade him for Carpenter? After 3 seasons, Carpenter's stats are most unimpressive. :icon_rolleyes:

10. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

And Meachem has been setting the world on fire.

11. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

True enough; both could end up being busts. At this stage in their careers, I would choose to keep Meachem rather than trade him for Carpenter.

12. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

If I could trade either one I would just not for each other.

13. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

Wow! What a huge play by Meachem in the Bengals game. A 63 yard TD reception. :icon_cool: