Sammy Sosa Tested Positive For Steriods In 2003

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Mike, Jun 16, 2009.

1. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

I would just assume if you can swing fast you make connect with the sweet spot just more frequently even by chance. I don't know for a fact though.And in reality baseball is just that a game of chance.

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Steroids are the new cool thing to do im thinking about shooting a couple right now lol.

like others said it was legal at the time and its kind of funny how theirs probably more homeruns being hit now than there was when they werent banned.

3. davematthews3

Again IT WAS NOT LEGAL. It was accepted in baseball but still a felony in our country.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

to me it seems like HR numbers are way down since the steriod issue came up

5. davematthews3

Except at that pathetic excuse for a ballpark that my Yanks play at.

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

:Loco:

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

No hall of fame for Sammy... 2003 was also the same year he got caught using a corked bat. I don't think this news suprises anyone. Everyone is going to ignore Bonds, Sosa, and A-Rods numbers. Actually people are already ignoring them. Maris still holds the single season HR record.

There a few guys that could put up 60 home runs this year.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

There went Sosa's chances at getting in the hall of fame knowing hof voters won't vote for proven steroid users. A positive steroid test and a corked bat all in one year, pathetic.

9. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Did anyone actually not know Sosa did roids?:icon_rolleyes:

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The funny part is I bet Sammy would still deny ever using roids as of today.

11. davematthews3

IF you asked him the question. He would probablly say the label was in english and he doesn't read or speak english. Like he tried pulling with Congress.

12. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Nothing will happen with this. The only relevance this story has is it's ties to Selig's stupidity.

13. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

just like he lied last time in front of congress, maybe he could see some jail time.

14. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I'm still a huge Sosa fan and this changes nothing. One of my favorite all time Cubs. :icon_cool:

Crap even if they released the whole list of 103 you still aren't getting all the names that used roids. Those just happen to be the dumbest 103 users who couldn't avoid testing positive even when they knew the test was coming. Yeah yeah anonymity was promised but I don't think I'd trust that promise enough to not at least cycle off for that test.