San Diego St. QB Ryan Lindley

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Mar 18, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

Round: 3rd

Positive: Release

Negative: Downfield Accuracy

Arm Strength: Above Average

Accuracy: Above Average

Release: Rare

Awareness: Average

Mobility: Average

Quick release

Good footwork

Nice over the top release

Impressive QB

Great accuracy

Played with lack of talent at SDSU

Throws well on run

Would love to see where he is in 3 years

Efficient

Footwork needs some work

Great touch

Puts too much air under passes deep downfield

Does well in pocket

Very aware

Won't take many sacks

Can look off safeties

Takes what D gives

Smart QB

Looks like a classic West Coast QB

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Perhaps he is the Dolphins back up pick.

3. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Just a few things:

He only had a lack of receiver talent his final year. The year before he had 2 great receivers, plus in both years he had Hillman at RB. You're right though he had a real lack of weapons his final year, several season ending injuries before the season and other issues left SDSU really thin at receiver. The number 1 guy was converted from corner and the #2 guy was a walk on. His receivers were brutal in some games (dropping a bunch of catchable passes).

His accuracy is his biggest weakness, it was at SDSU and it was at the Senior Bowl workouts. It's more the inconsistency, there were games where he was completely off and couldn't even complete the short ones and then there were other times where he was in the zone and would throw passes perfectly (deep balls and all).

He also needs to work on adding touch to his passes, he would drill passes that would cause drops when a bit of touch is warranted (kind of like Cutler-like).

He does a nice job with the playaction fake and at SDSU they ran a lot of intermediate and deep routes so that accounts for the lower completion % (although like mentioned he does have legit accuracy issues). He played in a pro-type offense so that's usually a positive.

He's a developmental type of guy but he has the arm strength to be a quality QB (he was originally a baseball pitcher).

4. right I was assuming people would know I meant his last year there.

Good stuff. Thanks for your thoughts. Always good to get some thoughts that watched almost every game.

do you think he has the potential to one day be a franchise QB?

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I do

He is a guy I have on my radar to develope behind Romo and take over once Romo's deal is up (he'll be 34)

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Yes, he has all the tools needed to become a franchise type QB but he needs to correct his accuracy issues. So it'll likely depend on where he ends up and how they develop him. He was a raw QB at SDSU and did have to go through several offensive coordinators during his tenure (3 head coaches and offensive coordinators).

There was talk of him possibly being a 1st rounder before the season started but the lack of talent at WR really hurt him as well as his inconsistency with accuracy. If it was me I would definitely take a chance on him around the 3rd round.

He probably would have jumped up to the 2nd round but like I said his accuracy was pretty bad during the senior bowl practices, not sure how he did in the combine.