Shane Mosley Retires From Ring At 40

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

After "Sugar" Shane Mosley was manhandled by 21-year-old junior middleweight titlist Saul "Canelo" Alvarez -- who is the same age as Mosley's oldest son -- in a near-shutout decision loss on May 5 in Las Vegas, he joked with HBO's Larry Merchant during his postfight interview that, "When the kids start to beat you up, you might have to start promoting."One month later, Mosley made it official, announcing his retirement on Monday."Good morning everybody. Just want to thank you for showing me so much love," Mosley tweeted. "Had a great career and loved every moment of it, win, lose or draw."Later, Mosley confirmed that he was indeed hanging up the gloves after a 19-year career that will likely land him in the International Boxing Hall of Fame."I'm going to leave it alone," Mosley, 40, told ESPN.com of fighting. "I'm good. I'm going into the promotional world, I'm training my son [21-year-old amateur Shane Mosley Jr.]. It was a helluva career. I'm happy for all the great memories and all the great fighters that I fought. Now it's time give back. I'm ready to train my son full-time now."

Source: ESPN

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Always did like Sugga. Do ya thing man.