Shaq Will Wear No. 33 In Cleveland

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Shaquille O'Neal is going back to his old No. 33 in Cleveland.O'Neal was traded to the Cavaliers on Thursday, and the team announced his jersey decision on Friday. The center, a 15-time All-Star, wore No. 33 in high school and at LSU before turning pro.

Source: RealGM.com

2. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

Now if only he could turn back the clock on his body and not just his jersey maybe this trade would actaully become meaningful to the race in the East.

3. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I agree. everyone wishes there were as good as they were in there prime. but I still think Shaq will have a big impact on this team with Lebron

4. davematthews3

I don't see how he helps them against the teams they had trouble with though.

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

this just gives them more star powers... lets see who are some of the players that were brought in to supposedly put them over the top.... first it was hughes, then wallace, now shackeel oneel.

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

this gives us a legitment low post player besides for LeBron that can command some double teams and open crap up

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

really?

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

It gives Cleveland a legitimate second scorer. When the ball is thrown to Shaq, he can score or pass back out.
    Last year Lebrons supporters just threw the ball back out

9. davematthews3

Yea. They had a hard time with the Magics priemter game and pick and roll. How does a big slow guy help in that area? I don't see how it adds up.

10. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

at least , the can dance together ^^

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkHGd2bOFHk]YouTube - Shaq, LeBron & Dwight Howard dancing at the 07 All Star game[/ame]

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Here's how........
    [​IMG]
    O'Neal stepped it up in '08-'09. Not going to argue about the defense aspect of it, but his mere presence on the floor vs. Ilgauskas and his playoff/title experience gives the Cavs a better opportunity to advance. He's just going to have to learn to get the hell out of way when LeBron takes his first step. Shaq's still got game.

12. davematthews3

Yes Shaq will score. But his presence doesn't effect there pick and roll offense or there 3 pt shooting at all. So I don't see how it solves there problems with the Magic.

13. markaz

I give it to you that Shaq is vulnerable to the pick and roll, but the perimeter? I don't get it unless you can think of 6'11" center/guard to solve your defensive dilemma. I'll take Shaq, his offensive numbers and his incredible desire. You keep looking for that defensive gem.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Get a Ring for the King.

15. markaz

That's the motto.

16. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

heck yea that's the motto and he is LeBron's new bodyguard