Site Rules Updated: No Bigoted/Racist Comments Allowed

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Dec 20, 2011.

1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, smeagle, you're smart enough to figure this out. You don't need an admin to answer those questions. As in real life, most adults can handle being called names or being made fun of. it is the small % of weaklings that whine and complain that end up getting all of the rules changed in society. It is part of the pussification of our society and is very much related to the general problems of our country right now with an entitled/spoiled mentality. It happens every day in schools, workplaces, and even internet forums.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

it that it though ? i really hope not. or is it sponsers ? or a combination of the two ?

to the admins - i'm not going super_beast/phigles here. just asking.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Smeag, it isn't what Capt. thinks it is. We pay a lot of money a year to keep GIF running and have tried to get advertising to pick up the major or all of the money it takes to run this place. Honestly advertisers look over the site and what is being done and said and they have told us their customers don't want to see racist and nudity on the site they advertise with.

If we didn't have to pay out any money to run this place then I would have no problem letting the patients run the asylum but this isn't where we are right now so we have to try and make GIF more advertiser friendly. The Racial thing would be fine IF it were kept only in the FC but as everyone knows it's all over the place, in the football threads, off topic just everywhere and it's because people think if it's allowed then it's allowed all over.

Steve and I started this site because we wanted a site that didn't squash creativity but more and more people took it as a sign that this was their personal playground to crap all over it and you know the people I speak of. We hate having to police people but in reality it has to be done, no one wants to come to a site that's a clusterheck of crap thrown everywhere.

So there you have it, anyone have a rich uncle that wants to pay the bills here and let us do what we want, have him contact us.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

must - resist - wiseass - response. :banghead::banghead:

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

i dont like it. i understand it, but don't like it. just wish it could still be allowed in the two crap talking forums.

6. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I concur, I understand the reasoning, but I don't like the rule...

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Smeag, we are throwing ideas about that around so we'll let you know. Got a rich uncle??

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

i wish i did. i'd send jeff lurie packing if i could borrow the coin. oh and pay for GIF :icon_cool:

9. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I'd ask my rich uncle but I still owe him 745 dollars

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

If he was really rich he wouldn't give a crap. Hit him up.

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I would help pay for gif but i could use that money on alot of beer if i ever get rich though i will so pay for all of gif

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i have 4 kids so obviously i have no money. i will just not be racist or bigoted anymore here on gif. you can't stop me from being racist and bigoted in real life though. :ranting:

13. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Reality's a snitch... as usual.

Of course, GIF's admin has to react to the extreme by eliminated the knee jerk reaction by advertisers.That's the sign of the times. :icon_rolleyes:

The real shame is how people, ones who don't even get affected by those ignorant ramblings by idiots, use those inconsequential blurbs to gain the spotlight by harping about how 'wrong' it is.

The reality is the same in the past when a serious convo is interrupted by a f'n fart...no one says a GD thing...just goes on. However, nowadays, it's a chance for extended airplay/coverage.

GIF's admin, as usual, is adjusting for today's standards but I'm sure they feel the same as I do...unnecessary censorship/ridiculous validation having to address the scant few.

Guess I come from a different era when reacting to silly BS like this was akin to validating BS from an insignificant few...

End...F'n rant.....

14. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Posters...

See that Smeagle posts are usually based on cutting edge 1 liners as a rule. Those are the ones that should be lightening your day.

Here, he breaks down what the majority of mentally competent posters already know...we now respond...like sheep (cuz it's the 'new' standard)...to the obvious....

It's about the money...

GIF admin...who attempts to make life 'real' by offering what we'd like in the way of 'uncensored' football talk", has to 'play the game' to continue the 'fight''

Or those who grew up in this age...or right after but 'figured it out'..

............................................(this was a 'pause'....enjoy it & say good bye to the past...)

Adjust or just fade away...

Those 'common sense' solutions are a thing of the past....

Bottom line is that GIF admin speaks the cry of the times.

Adjust or just leave...

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Can I jokingly refer to white players at skills positions (to inculde LT and 4-3 DE's) as "cracker"?

16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

When you come right down to it, everything comes down to the MY word. As in M-O-N-E-Y.

17. Honestly.... lmao...doesnt this thread pop up every couple of years?. Truely entertaining...plz continue.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  18. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i miss interpreted the rules. :icon_sad:

19. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

They ain't a race or religion, they're just a poor and unfortunate life choice

As for the rule, I have no problem with it.